DnB BonkknoB - Melodrom

I left feedback,

"The Intro is mad... very busy, I like it. The Percussion in the first few minutes doesn't have much presence, but it sounds intentional, as if you wanted the first 3ish minutes to be a big, build of an Intro. 4:48 - I'm not a fan of Sidechain Compression, so the sucking that's happening every time your Kick Drum hits, doesn't bode well with me... just my two cents. Overall the tune is too manic for my cup of tea, but I can definitely appreciate all the edit and fillwork that went into this. It kind of sounds like one big mash-up of a bunch of different tunes. The Production is decent, but the sibilance on your Hi-Hats is overly bright for the most part, in my cheap PC headphones."

Thanks for the feedback. I'm new to side chaining, and I've really been struggling with the mix here, and worse, I apparently uploaded a less finished mix, so I better replace it...

Sorry to anyone taking their time to try to listen, the link won't work for a few minutes.

I left feedback,

"The Intro is mad... very busy, I like it. The Percussion in the first few minutes doesn't have much presence, but it sounds intentional, as if you wanted the first 3ish minutes to be a big, build of an Intro. 4:48 - I'm not a fan of Sidechain Compression, so the sucking that's happening every time your Kick Drum hits, doesn't bode well with me... just my two cents. Overall the tune is too manic for my cup of tea, but I can definitely appreciate all the edit and fillwork that went into this. It kind of sounds like one big mash-up of a bunch of different tunes. The Production is decent, but the sibilance on your Hi-Hats is overly bright for the most part, in my cheap PC headphones."

I feel like everything you said was a really valid point. I actually share your opinion on sidechain compression, I've been trying it out as a technique in mixing, not wanting to use it as an effect, but this track probably sounded a lot better without it.

Also, Manic is how a lot of my tracks come out, Its kind of just my creative process to rapidly move from one idea to the next, and maybe that doesn't always make for an enjoyable piece of music.

My tracks have always been kind of... masturbatory, I guess one could say, because I'm making it for myself first of all, but it is becoming important to me that other people enjoy it too... so thats why I'm here, trying to improve. I want to be able to craft a track to fit the criteria of a specific genre while also having a unique sound.

This turned into a semi coherent rambling response, but my point was that, your feedback was pretty valuable to me. I imagine this track, probably wouldn't be many listeners' cup of tea, plus I have specific things in my mix and creative process to think about changing.

If I don't ever get anyone else to weigh in, then its just me, and I get desensitized to stuff when I've listened to the whole track over and over again tons of times.

Thank you for your input, I do appreciate it.

I feel like everything you said was a really valid point. I actually share your opinion on sidechain compression, I've been trying it out as a technique in mixing, not wanting to use it as an effect, but this track probably sounded a lot better without it.

Also, Manic is how a lot of my tracks come out, Its kind of just my creative process to rapidly move from one idea to the next, and maybe that doesn't always make for an enjoyable piece of music.

My tracks have always been kind of... masturbatory, I guess one could say, because I'm making it for myself first of all, but it is becoming important to me that other people enjoy it too... so thats why I'm here, trying to improve. I want to be able to craft a track to fit the criteria of a specific genre while also having a unique sound.

This turned into a semi coherent rambling response, but my point was that, your feedback was pretty valuable to me. I imagine this track, probably wouldn't be many listeners' cup of tea, plus I have specific things in my mix and creative process to think about changing.

If I don't ever get anyone else to weigh in, then its just me, and I get desensitized to stuff when I've listened to the whole track over and over again tons of times.

Thank you for your input, I do appreciate it.

You're most welcome, I'm glad my feedback was beneficial. I imagine that's how most Producers start their journey, having fun making noise and learning how to emulate and then make their own sound as well. Please don't hesitate to send me a PM whenever you have something new for review and I'll check it out with fresh ears.

Have a great week.

Back
Top Bottom