bongo percussion clicky clicky kinda thing

i like it man, got soem really nice drum fills going on. very stripped back bass. nothing to criticise as i think your still in the early days with this one in terms of its structure!

cheers for the feedback guys, i hoped for some criticism, been working since i came home now, found an interesting thing or two, will post an updated clip soon

- - - Updated - - -

heres an updated clip, i changed the volume of the snare slightly and send both layers into one channel and compressed them together, same with the kicks. splitted the bass in 3 frequency ranges and added some fuzz at the top end. cleaned up a little with the volumes so everything sits nicely.

i'm still missing some substance somehow, it still sounds kinda empty, should i add some sort of pad or ambience or something?

don't think the kick roll leading into the drop works recently, i think it would be better if the drums cut out competlely right before the drop.

in terms of it sounding a bit empty, try finding samples of industrial type metal clanging and stuff and then stick loads of reverb on them and put one every so often

nice tune though, you've come on loads since you last showed me something!

just noticed a typo in my last post, didn't mean to write "recently". i dont know how that word got there :P

i like it man, really like the filtered drum breaks youve got going! i think maybe it needs a few fx here and there? as mentioned before, some metallic hits with bare reverb on would work well. keep at it!

Back
Top Bottom