sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Quote from DNB Arena
Early 2002 and Andy C & Shimon's monster drum&bass anthem 'Bodyrock' is
still doing plenty of damage. It was re-released on Monday and is set to
rock the UK Top 40 charts this Sunday, the mid-week chart has 'Bodyrock' at

Wooo, Bodyrock in the top 30 eh!! How strange will that be :p

I think it's cool that more people will hear some decent Drum & Bass. Unlike that 'Addicted To Bass' choon :mad:

Anyways, your thoughts!!

(Let's get discussin')

Bodyrock...um wicked tune, gets a reaction from everyone, even when they aint even heard dnb before! Hope it goes to no 1 just so AC and Shimon get loads a wedge.

I had to buy two copies its so good :D

Any self-respectin' dnb dee-j0i needs two copies of bodyrock fer the flange-massif 4/4 stylee effect a la stuuuey heheh

Infinity303 said:
Any self-respectin' dnb dee-j0i needs two copies of bodyrock fer the flange-massif 4/4 stylee effect a la stuuuey heheh

Hehhe :D

oooh good, saves me writing a topic about it, I was gonna have a good moan

seems I'm the only one, but I'm really pissed off it got released into the charts, I didnt even know till I heard it in the car on the way home from me blokes

I just got myself a little set on dests DnB night, was planning to drop it ( it RAMS the dancefloor everytime) and now it's in the charts i dont wanna, I'd feel like I'm playing pop music now, and I wont do that, so Bodyrock will no longer be in my sets when I play out, which is a huge shame cuz I adore the tune, it being in the charts has just totally killed it for me :(

urm just 'cause its charted etc dont stop it being a good tune, and you should be happy for andy and shimon, nowt wrong with money in the industry imo. Ended up at number 28 i believe, and big up to them for it. Not sure how but it did it, nuf said, and how is something entering the chart making it pop music? There is far far too much eleetism in the scence, and why must it stay underground? It doesn't have to end up like garage, just because 1 or two rel's make it into the charts.

Thats my opinion anyways....

Rich

I didnt say it made the tune crap, its still a blinding tune, always will be
I didnt say it was pop music, i said it felt like I would be playing pop music, thats just my personal opinon

I didnt think anyone was gonna agree with me, but its still a good tune, I just wont be playing it out anymore, thats of my own choice, its just the way I feel about it

As we've shown, everyone has an opinion.. That's a good thing :p

I think it's fine as long as it doesn't go 'Garage' :(

Plus..

More people into DNB = More events = More DJ slots for us!

Booooooooo :D

I still don't know what to make of this.

Obviously the argument if this is a good or bad thing will rage on for a while.

One thing thats made me think though is this...........

Everyman and his dog bought Bodyrock (on promo or general release)the first time it came out (some buying more than one which includes some of my friends). Everyone who owns a pair of decks and buys drum and bass would have bought that tune as it was massive within the scene when it was released the first time. Which brings me to the question................

Who has bought it this time around?.

Everyone who is into dnb got that track on the first run so what type of person is buying it?. I can imagine people who are more into the electronic / dance side of things feeling it but what about your teeny bopper types who are going to be into it just cos now it's deemed to be cool to like drum and bass?.

I just think it would be really interesting to find out what sort of person is buying it because then we could find out if it is a good thing or not for the scene in general (as I for one dont really want to see it go mainstream due to the music industry deeming drum and bass as the "next big thing" cos Bodyrock appealed to 10 - 16 year old kids who make up a huge percent of the record buying public).

I'm gonna be holding out on making a judgement on whether it is a good or bad move until I see the proof that it is one or the other.

I never bought Bodyrock and never will, I don't really like it regardless of it being in the charts. My mind was made up a loooong time ago.

Seeing as the charts are mostly based on the buying habits of 14yo girls then I guess that must be who's been buying it recently... :P Let's just hope they restrict their shopping trips to HMV and Virgin. I can't be done with visiting record shops full of kids, does my nuts in with them all hanging around the counter.

</rant> ;)

Obviously no disrespect to anyone who bought it before it was chartbound. Everyone has their own tastes and unfortunately it wasn't to mine. :)

Although.............

Didn't it get pretty close to a top 40 position the first time it was released?.

Which means that a fair few copies would have been sold then in all the majors (HMV, Virgin etc).

So where have all these people buying it popped up from all of a sudden?.

dRiFT said:
Seeing as the charts are mostly based on the buying habits of 14yo girls

LOL :D

I'm not really on a good or bad side on this either, I'm just a BIG fan of Bodyrock :p

Everytime I hear it at a rave it gets the crowd JUMPING (myself included). I know it'll get old and we'll all move onto something better, but for now, it rox!!

Lastly, I know we are not really discussing the choon itself here, but I love it :) So plz don't flame me down for saying..

BODYROCK = CHOON

:D :p :D :p :D

Lastly (lastly), get more users on da board, so we can get more views on important issues such as this one </ad> :p

whaa gwaan?
Itis important that everyone 'within the scene' should take notice of what can happen to dnb artists wanting to break into the charts (re: bodyrock). This can only be a good thing for the genre as all important music forms MUST have exposure in order to keep healthy, regardless of what some of you short sighted people seem to think about the charts.

I hear chat bout the scene being diluted with people trying to cash in on popular new music, but this will not be the case with dnb ,the same way that Garth Brooks or Billy Ray Cyrus didn't spoil country music: Genuinely true music (incl jungle) will always cater to and be supported by a core of fans who want the music to stay true to them. This is also the case with music like jazz and 'world music'.
We have nothing to fear people!

Oh yeah, Body Rock was OK, but you know come March 25, SHAKE UR BODY will be runnin tings proper! This has the opportunity to go top 10. Support your own artists people.

Back
Top Bottom