BMT034 – Need For Mirrors

neurohead

BMT034-digi-900px_web.jpg

Was just thinking about Ethos the other day, wondering when that'll get a release.

Curious to hear Self Portrait :)

most likely, yes. IIRC he's also got something lined up for medschool, can't remember where I heard that though.

This single is quite funny for me.

On one hand the tracks are made by Need For Mirrors, an artist which I can never seem to like. There isn't a track that I bought which was made by him as a solo artist and when NFM was still a duo. In fact, I only have one track of his on vinyl (Symmetry Sessions 2) and I own it due to the fact that I wanted Break's and Mako's tunes on wax, not his.

On the other hand this is released on BMTM, which is probably my no.1 label that I follow and respect. Every release is either bought digitally or physically because I love the sound that it pushes out to its audience. So yeah, seeing NFM releasing on BMTM is a worry since I can't see his sound fit with the label's sound as well.

Just heard both tracks, and thank god! They are brilliant. Definitely getting them digitally, and possibly physically when they grow enough on me. A top notch job from NFM on this one.

On one hand the tracks are made by Need For Mirrors, an artist which I can never seem to like. There isn't a track that I bought which was made by him as a solo artist and when NFM was still a duo. In fact, I only have one track of his on vinyl (Symmetry Sessions 2) and I own it due to the fact that I wanted Break's and Mako's tunes on wax, not his.

On the other hand this is released on BMTM, which is probably my no.1 label that I follow and respect. Every release is either bought digitally or physically because I love the sound that it pushes out to its audience. So yeah, seeing NFM releasing on BMTM is a worry since I can't see his sound fit with the label's sound as well.

Just heard both tracks, and thank god! They are brilliant. Definitely getting them digitally, and possibly physically when they grow enough on me. A top notch job from NFM on this one.

Mate I'd definitely advise you to listen through their back catalogue. I wasn't a huge fan of theirs let's say until a year ago or so, only really liked Lofar and Eyes Wide Shut, but boy did their output grow on me in the last 12 months. Especially the tunes they've released in the beggining of their joint career and the stuff they put out nowadays (either Joe or Emilio) are off the hook. Last HLZ release is nothing short amazing and Atlas Shrugged with Break is up there in top3 tunes this year for me so far.

tl;dr

I love this single, will be bagging.

wow!! they/he has made some sick little rollers!

I have thrashed a few of their tunes, including:

Joe Mosus is a great producer, love his output, solo and with NFM

Berners Street Dub is one of my tunes of the year:
Have been rocking this tune recently:
Mosus & SPY:
These two are all time favourites:

Shallow Grave, Gallows, Skip Rope, Columbia, NFTF, Merk, Boys, Voltaire.... list of great tracks is long!

Would love an album from him.

Yes I agree with all of you, he is a great producer (also HLZ), even by looking at the labels he released under should be proof enough on that. Don't get me me wrong, I listen to his forthcoming stuff and pretty sure there will be a day that a NFM tune I would love but for now, I still can't seem to like it (the same is for HLZ's music).

I really like Ethos + Self Portrait is a grower for me.

Got to say that I think they have been hit or miss in the past, Need For Mirrors, both singular and plural. But I have got to agree that they have made some quality tunes over the years, including some fav's:- Poison Apple, Skip Rope, Sick In The Head, Pitchfork, Triangulation Delta, and some percy's below ;)

Back
Top Bottom