BM Soho on Record Store Day (20th April)

jungle_fever

VIP Junglist
So who is gunna be out and about for record store day then? Gunna head down to London again this year with red stripe in hand. such good vibes and plenty of exclusive vinyl coming out. just had a look through the list and these are the releases that caught my eye-

Benga - "Forefather"/"Stuck"
Booka Shade - Black Out: White Noise EP
Calyx & TeeBee/Rene LaVice - Starstuck/Thorax Ram Records - 12" Limited Picture Disc x 200
lots of Caribou reissue albums
DJ Food - The Search Engine - 4LP
Ed Rush & Optical/Universal Project - Pacman (Ram Trilogy Remix)/Vessel Virus Recordings - 12" Limited Picture Disc x 200
Foals - My Number/Bluebird - 7"
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - LP (trust me this will be valuable!!!)
Notorious Big - Ready To Die - 2LP
Royksopp - Ice Machine - 10"
The XX - Jamie XX Edits - 12"
Various Artists - Ninja Tune & If Music Present "If" (10 Year Anniversary) - 2LP

anyone got anyother tip offs that need mentioning?

WUT!!!!!!!!

I think I love for you this information. Wanted Cure For The Itch on wax for years.

i know mate. couldnt believe my eyes when i saw that. where do you think would be the best place to pick it up? Sister Ray? was queuing outside for ages to get that sex pistols reissue last year

its a shame Hospital have backed out of RSD this year. was hoping for another one on the Hospital Classic Symptoms series. cunts

- - - Updated - - -

From other thread:

Disclosure - White Noise (Hudson Mohawk Remix) - 12"
Genius/GZA - Liquid Swords - The Chess Box Vinyl Edition - 4LP
James Blake - Retrograde/Overgrown - 12"
The Roots - Things Fall Apart - 2LP

Thanks Jsmith

Nope, just ignorance :)

ha fair enough. sorry dude. easy way of remembering it is its on the same day as 4/20 (cannabis culture day) everyone goes down to their record stores and supports and buys vinyl. lots of big djs head down to the stores to play a set. last year i spoke to basher and dbridge at bm soho. lots of exclusive RSD releases in every genre. its just a great day out basically

- - - Updated - - -

I was told there is another hospital classic symptoms release this year!

any idea what it could be? I really hope that it could be something like 'Seba - Snow' that didnt make it to vinyl the first time round. and nothing shit

Last edited:
according to the website BM aren't one of the participating stores, phonica / sister ray / reckless are tho. and rat records down in camberwell, sick shop

4/20 is also international weed day... last year there were tonnes of us in hyde park getting blazed and the cops didnt mind...

My unwhittled hitlist (mainly just for somewhere to write it....)

Blu Ft Ra The Rugged Man & Tristate - Thelonius King - 7"
Bob Dylan - "Wigmam"/"Thirsty Boots" - 7"
Braile - The Storm EP - 12"
Brother Ali - Shadows On The Sun - 2LP
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - LP
Miles Davis - The Kinda Blue Session '59 - LP+CD
Ramson Badbonez Ft Jehst/Kashmere Ft Phoenix Da Icefire & Ramson Badbonez - Warlords & Immortals/Power Cosmic (Jehst Remix) - 7"
Rodney P - Success - 12"
The Beat Junkies - Picture Disc Collection - LP
The Twang - Sheep - 7"
The Verve - Verve EP - 12"
Various Artists - Factory - Communications 1978-1992 EP Vol 2 - 10"
Various Artists - Ninja Tune & If Music Present "If" (10 Year Anniversary) - 2LP

Best get saving I guess!

ah yeah, good find was a bit disappointed when i thought they weren't doing anything! gonna go in today and see what the deal is :)

yea mate report back with who is playing etc.

- - - Updated - - -

My unwhittled hitlist (mainly just for somewhere to write it....)

Blu Ft Ra The Rugged Man & Tristate - Thelonius King - 7"
Bob Dylan - "Wigmam"/"Thirsty Boots" - 7"
Braile - The Storm EP - 12"
Brother Ali - Shadows On The Sun - 2LP
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - LP
Miles Davis - The Kinda Blue Session '59 - LP+CD
Ramson Badbonez Ft Jehst/Kashmere Ft Phoenix Da Icefire & Ramson Badbonez - Warlords & Immortals/Power Cosmic (Jehst Remix) - 7"
Rodney P - Success - 12"

The Beat Junkies - Picture Disc Collection - LP
The Twang - Sheep - 7"
The Verve - Verve EP - 12"
Various Artists - Factory - Communications 1978-1992 EP Vol 2 - 10"

Best get saving I guess!

good shout

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?472686

April 20th has been named Record Store Day all around the world - and here at BM Soho, London's longest running independent dance music record store, we feel it is our obligation and our privilege to celebrate it to the max – with an entire day of back to back in-stores!

Kicking off at 12pm, our Record Store Day celebration is all about thanking our loyal followers and friends for supporting BM Soho for over two decades - and helping us maintain its cult status as one of the most credible and best loved record shops worldwide.

Playing sets throughout the day will be:

Giles Smith
Citizen
Blawan
D-Bridge
Icicle
John Swing

Dub Vendor DJs:
Curtis Lynch
Tighten Up Crew (Tim P, Mistah Brown, Champian)

More TBA

Complimentary and super lush cocktails courtesy of Wray & Nephew Overproof Rum as well as special discounts & a raffle to win free BM Soho vouchers are bound to get our celebration of vinyl, music and life going - inside the shop and outside too as we have permission to get speakers out! D'arblay Street, are you ready?

:slayer:

the hospital record store day thing is danny byrd gold rush and new zealand shapeshifter netsky remix btw

Back
Top Bottom