Bluetooth Speaker Recommendation?

DNB4DCrowd

To preserve my hearing hopefully and give the ears and headphones a break I went and got a Bluetooth speaker. I had heard someone's and was easily persuaded on those little things. The one I've got has low ratings on the bass, although with the EQ I have on the IPad it sounds pretty good and deep to me. But it got me thinking for Drum and Bass you obviously want the best Bass. Anyone who listens to Drum and Bass have one of these - just the single one? Before I look into it I'm wondering if company's like JL Audio Pioneer, Punch, INFINITY, or Kenwood make them.

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I've got a lg soundbar type thing with a sub. thats hooked to my tv. this has a function to use bluetooth from ur blower but i use the apple tv to stream music to it. its not the best sound in the world but it happily fills the room and the sub sounds great.
it also turns itself off when not in use, which is great. i can select what song i want when im walking through the door and enter a room with music playing. no turning it on and fapping about, total control from my phone. a nice touch and an alternative to a home stereo.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
get sonos! its actually got its own wifi network but its soooo worth it, its got an app for the phone, so you can control the music from anywhere in your apartment. its so new that it still amuses guests

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
get sonos! its actually got its own wifi network but its soooo worth it, its got an app for the phone, so you can control the music from anywhere in your apartment. its so new that it still amuses guests
Oh I do love all these remote apps! I especially like it when having people over, sitting on the shitter, then turning the music up and down and pausing and playing the track over and over again.

DNB4DCrowd

I've got a lg soundbar type thing with a sub. thats hooked to my tv. this has a function to use bluetooth from ur blower but i use the apple tv to stream music to it. its not the best sound in the world but it happily fills the room and the sub sounds great.
it also turns itself off when not in use, which is great. i can select what song i want when im walking through the door and enter a room with music playing. no turning it on and fapping about, total control from my phone. a nice touch and an alternative to a home stereo.
Right on. Yeah, LG has pretty decent quality.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's good enough for a DNB head like yourself it's good enough for me. The phone remote control makes sense and there must be a reason for its own Wifi network. Sounds serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Niiiice! How fitting for Drum and Bass is that? Leave it to the Marleys to come up with something so slick. No doubt those have great sound with the size of those speakers.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always a giggle till one of my computer savvy mate turns the wifi off on my lappy.

OP:

http://stereos.about.com/od/portabl...eless-Audio-Technologies-Is-Right-For-You.htm
Good stuff. Thanks man.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
but! however! watch out for the bass response, i noticed a certain model cant hit some of the sub bass notes on bog standard techstep dnb track, it hits the higher bass notes fine, but the lower registry has nearly no response

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
but! however! watch out for the bass response, i noticed a certain model cant hit some of the sub bass notes on bog standard techstep dnb track, it hits the higher bass notes fine, but the lower registry has nearly no response
yeah this is the exact problem with the Beats Pill for example, piece of shit only goes down to 240hz or something unfathomably shite.

Look! A graph..

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
yeah this is the exact problem with the Beats Pill for example, piece of shit only goes down to 240hz or something unfathomably shite.

Look! A graph..

that's the sort of frequency response which makes engineers wonder why they even bother anymore :confused:

DNB4DCrowd

minirigs are the one.
Aight good lookin out. What's surprising (although I'm just really getting into technology again after ten years) is that of all the mentioned makes/models here I this thead I haven't heard of before, and I know they're up in there in quality neck and neck because I've heard a few.

So I googled for the Infinity Bluetooth and found this future shit expected to be released September 30th. I had some Infinity 6 by 9's that sounded like 10 maybe 12 inch woofers. Anyway, they haven't listed the speaker specs for some reason.

http://www.infinityspeakers.com/est...INITY%20ONE_INF_US?skuId=INFINITYONEAM_INF_US

For three hundred dollars. That's not any time soon haha. Look nice though. The link isn't working but definitely worth checking out. Google has pics of it disassembled but in place so you can see what's inside. Ridiculous technogy.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

minirigs are the one.
Sorry about double quote. Yeah Minirigs. As small as they are, if they have that bass and sound then theyre perfect because theyre so small. It just makes sense, since the whole idea is portability.

Last edited:

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
Sorry about double quote. Yeah Minirigs. As small as they are, if they have that bass and sound then theyre perfect because theyre so small. It just makes sense, since the whole idea is portability.
they're beefy as fuck, with the sub as well.

not cheap mind.

DNB4DCrowd

they're beefy as fuck, with the sub as well.
not cheap mind.
They have different sizes. Bestbuy may have them on display over here. Looks like the exact size of the speaker I just bought for 50.00 @ 50% off 100.00. Mini boom . I'd compare them to some of the low end 6 by 9's. But that Bass. To be able to turn up the Bass.

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
minirigs are the one.
Was chatting with some mates last night actually that mentioned its a bunch of dudes from Briz working out a shed or something, and Apple tried to buy them but they told them to do one. Lols

Never listened to one personally but heard they are the nuts!

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
shut up jools. get two of these i mean granted its not bluetooth or smartphone app, youd have to plug them into a mixing desk and a guitar and a sampler and atari cubase, but keep in mind prince uses them for his home studio, and that speaks volumes. also i heard them, they are fucking BEAST.