Blue Note - The sessions

Commander

VIP Junglist
Been inspired to go through the loft to dig out my fav tunes from the Blue note tech era seeing as Exit 10 party is tonight! These tunes bring so many memories, those dark basslines, the paranoid filled soundscapes, crashing amens and just full on moodiness & vibes!

The mix starts off with a remix of my fav tune of all time 'Piper', what Groove did was incredible in keeping the original vibes and just adding a more evil vibe to the already dark classic.
'Metropolis' soon follows & what can you already say about this absolute beast. 'Threshold' is one of my fav Dillinja tunes off all time and one that never leaves the box on Andy C
'Mutant' by Trace is one of the tunes that kicked off the whole tech-step era and is followed by one of my top 10 tunes, the ultra dark 'Shadow boxing' which was inspired by the Blue note club where dj's had exclusive bragging rights on what tunes they had, well Doc Scott then produced this classic!
'Proton' was released back on the classic 'Torque' LP and this is an early almost proto version of 'Locust' & 'Cutlso' with the instantly noticeable synth sample on the intro, the dark reece and amens on the drop are too much!
'Soul beat runna' is one of my fav Boymerang tunes and one listen is all it takes, the uplifting vibes and one of the best breaks off all time which was invented by the man himself
'The rain remix' is an absolute stunner by Photek and the breaks again are just so addictive, one of those tunes where you start analyzing the beats!

'Quadrant 6' is just a monster, a stunning intro and drop which will never get old, I remember first hearing this on the DJ Randall 'Dreamscape' mix cd all those years ago, the second drop is also phenomenal.
I first heard 'Locust' on the Prototype years ad on Kiss 100 all those years ago and ended up getting the cd for £20 from HMV the following day, my good cousin bought it for me on his student grant!
'Unofficial ghost' is one of the most instantly recongniseable tunes ever and it still sounds so fresh today, ended up cutting this onto vinyl b/w 'Still VIP' as getting hold of a decent vinyl copy would be difficult and the latter is priceless! Still vip was bought on the promo cd and did not get a vinyl release hence getting it cut.
The final segment of the mix is where i literally was digging deep and found the Dillinja classic 'Violent killa' pure moody business! 'Dynamics' by Dom which is another amen smasher, Ed rush classic 'The Raven' & the stunning remix of 'Technology' by Boymerang! How on earth did he make those tunes!

The mix is just over 1hr 40 minutes and was done on 2 Technics 1210's and a DJM400 mixer, i would have done another hour but was appraching midnight! Hope you all enjoy it and feedback would be most appreciated.

http://dnbshare.com/download/Blue_Note_Sessions.MP3.html

Tracklisting

Piper (Grooverider remix) - Jonny L
Metropolis - Adam F
Threshold - Cybotron feat Dillinja
Subway - Ed rush
Invasion - Desired state
Skylab - Ed rush
Vandal - Dom & Matrix
Mutant - DJ Trace
Shadow boxing - Nasty habits
The storm - Dom & roland
Revelations - Cybotron feat Dillinja
Kilimanjaro - Ed rush
Proton - Ed rush & Nico
Moving thru air - Jonny L
Soul beat runna - Boymerang
The rain remix - Photek
Quadrant 6 - Dom & Optical
Locust - Ed rush & Fierce
Unofficial ghost - Doc Scott
Your sound remix - J Majik
Still VIP (Dom & Optical) - Boymerang
Distorted dreams (Desired state rmx) - Dom & Rob Playford
Moving 808's - Optical
Violent killa - Dillinja
Dynamics - Dom & roland
The raven - Ed rush feat Dom
Technology (Boymerang rmx) - Nico & Ed rush
Replicant - DJ Trace

listened and this is easily one of the best member mixes i've heard in ages.

rewound the quadrant 6 bit about 15 times at least when i've been walking around.

every mix is on point, tunes are large. literally nothing more i could want from a mix.

superb.

listened and this is easily one of the best member mixes i've heard in ages.

rewound the quadrant 6 bit about 15 times at least when i've been walking around.

every mix is on point, tunes are large. literally nothing more i could want from a mix.

superb.

Thanks mate, sorry for the delay in replying! Bump for the techies!

Been listening to this all morning. Proper history lesson in the fine art of dark n moody DnB. No Edam or clownstep bollocks to put up with! Do us all a HUGE favour Commander and put another 1 hour set!!:who_wants

yeah so would i - tracklist looks amazing. can't believe i missed this first time round. you don't have a copy of your own mix though?

yeah so would i - tracklist looks amazing. can't believe i missed this first time round. you don't have a copy of your own mix though?

Haha i know! Sure i have it at home, just away at the moment. Headz history sessions led to to look again!

Back
Top Bottom