Blue Collar any advice for a working man

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by IV4, Oct 19, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Hi guys this is new song from me. Please tell me what you liked or did not like. All advice welcomed.

2. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

I don't like the arp... too basic and not so special to keep it so lound on the mix.
    You can try to retrigger that arp with a more groovy pattern, so it will sounds a bit more complex and driving.
    I love that kind of flanged rise sound you use at around 1:00 and 2:27. It's a cool tech paranoid

IV4 likes this.
  3. pattycake

pattycake Member

There's some really good stuff in this track I'd definitely keep playing around with it!

IV4 likes this.
  4. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

I agree with the comments on the arp synth. Its not really doing it for me.
    Nice breaks though! I'm liking the drums and the little breaks youve got going in there.
    I think you might be losing a bit of weight & energy from the drop by not having and hi-hats. Either that or theyre being drowned out in the mix.

Keep it up, its got potential!

IV4 likes this.
  5. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

+1 on this post. I expected more impact on the drop but other than that I liked the song. You should make more tunes mate :)

6. DNBusa

DNBusa PROOF IS N THE PRODUCTION

i like what u had going befor the drop was a bit also let down. But this tune deffo has room to be sick. I think a bit more time put in is a win.. The secound drop to me is a bit stronger. Drums sound good. Nice work, just little things here and there.

IV4 likes this.
  7. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

first off I really like the track. I think the bass that comes in at about 1:30 should be the main focus at the drop and in the verses, then maybe bring that synth back in with some chord changes

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Some great advice in here. I agree I am not the biggest fan of the arpeggiator either. However, it was my first time working with it and I need to build up my skills. Is it sitting with the mix ok on your end or is it just a dislike for the bland sound?

9. joka89

joka89 Member

sounding good mate some nice ideas in here! I would have the drums cutting through a bit more especially the snare. check out the latest clip i uploaded of a new track could do with some more ideas! :)

10. lasiien

lasiien Meh

wrt to the arp I don't think the mix is the problem, sounds good to me. Just needs a bit more variation just kinda feels like it's been heard allot before. I do really love this track at 1.27 though as someone else commented though maybe it's love for an amen :) nicely worked in (and again later ofc, but like it when it's subtle). I like the bass also IV4, sparing but nice :D

11. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Got it!(y)
    What about the bass I think it is my best ever but still feeling slightly insecure about it.

12. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah the build up from the intro into the drop works really well, but as others have said, it loses alot of energy at the drop. Definately get those hats back in there throughout the drop, and alot of automation movement to get everything morphing around! Good effort and some solid ideas in this tho

13. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

sample is quality and i for one like the arp :D

14. JAGZ

JAGZ Well-Known Member

cant say its really up my street with the sounds, theres plenty of variation with the sounds you do use, arp is fine but maybe a bit too central in the mix, the bassline would probably stand out more if you was to widen the arp

15. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Good production man, sounds nice! Really interesting sounds you've got in there and I like that the track is constantly changing with new parts and sounds all the time.

Got no real constructive to say for this one other than perhaps I'd like it to be more slamming when another part kicks in hmm.. just a crash-sample or whatever ^^

gr8 work on this!

16. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

The lead synths sound totally preset Z3ta or whatever synth. Bit loud in the mix too I think. At times the bass sounds like you've boosted the 5-8 k region a bit much to where it gets that 'harsh boost' sound. Kick and snare sound good. Cool vocal sample. Over-all pretty cool.

17. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

ur arrangement and ideas are spot on, bit of tweaking needed on the snare as people have said, loving the bass, nice warmth to it, keep at it is what id say overall, when your production is at a high level then your tracks are going to sound very good and original

18. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Thanks everyone some really great comments here. Mad love for you all.

19. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

one of the main things for me is the lack of hats/rides etc. like the ideas and the arrangement just think the mix needs some refining