Blu Mar Ten & Seba - Kmag remix competition

tbh I usually don't pay attention to the key of a remix i'm doing, or i just change the pitch of the stems
also i'm working on a swag jukey remix of this right now, going well hopefully i will make thousands of bmt dollars

Not sure whether to have a go at this. I'm not feeling in an experimental mood to do something 'different'.

Really having a blast with this remix so far : ), 65bpm downtempo with neuro influences <3.

edit:

Decided to just pitch everything to F, to save myself from headaches.

I know its early game but a good majority of the remixes so far just sound like edits... cmon guise.
And I quote from the kmag site
What are you looking for in entries to the competition?
Exactly the same approach as the 2012 competition. We want people to take the idea and make it their own... really stretch the track and do something different to it. We want to hear some character and invention, not just a version of the track that sounds kind of similar but not quite as good.

I know its early game but a good majority of the remixes so far just sound like edits... cmon guise.
And I quote from the kmag site

This ^^^. I am trying to create an 8 minute melodic piece but it still doesn't sound different enough. And it is making me swear.

when's the deadline? am swamped with school stuff at the moment but would love to have a go at it

yeah i have no idea why people do this. a shit rearrangement of the samples with a terrible mixdown.
why even bother.

yeah i have no idea why people do this. a shit rearrangement of the samples with a terrible mixdown.
why even bother.

not like the samples are that unique to begin with :rolleyes:

havent had a good idea what to do with them tho aswell. had fun recreating them but didnt do anything afterwards, really, just didnt make click.

good luck to everyone else tho, looking forward to hear the entries, always fun to hear what other peeps can do with the same foundation.

Not sure if I follow the wanted ehtos or not. Wrote my own bline, my own break(the hunter break is in their high passed at times to layer) and any samples used have had some processing/slicing dicing done to them, couple of my own synth creations as well. Have some samples that may sound similar, but I feel like at least having some character from the original.

I dont understand any remix though that has the same exact bassline/melodies in it.

Mine will never be good enough, but is this what you are looking for? I am not at a tage in my productions where I think I can go really crazy and make some alt genre stuff, but I am trying to make my own tune inpired by the samples.

ANy more guidance for a novice guy like myself?

Re: Blu Mar Ten &amp;amp; Seba - Kmag remix competition

Its a remix! you can do what you like just keep some elements from the original

This was just a little inside joke EO threw out, pretty sure one note basslines will be frowned upon :) Check BMT facebook for reference!

Not sure if I follow the wanted ehtos or not. Wrote my own bline, my own break(the hunter break is in their high passed at times to layer) and any samples used have had some processing/slicing dicing done to them, couple of my own synth creations as well. Have some samples that may sound similar, but I feel like at least having some character from the original.

I dont understand any remix though that has the same exact bassline/melodies in it.

Mine will never be good enough, but is this what you are looking for? I am not at a tage in my productions where I think I can go really crazy and make some alt genre stuff, but I am trying to make my own tune inpired by the samples.

ANy more guidance for a novice guy like myself?

yes this is a good approach

Going to give this a shot. It's a real pleasure to get to work with such nice source material. Going to try and make this as "my own" as possible. good luck to all those going in.

Back
Top Bottom