Blu Mar Ten & Seba - Kmag remix competition

blumarten

Winning track to be released alongside other remixes from Ulterior Motive, Break, Frederic Robinson, Kid Drama, Anile, Nuage and Kimyan Law.

http://bit.ly/BMTkmag

1911736_10152245654828211_1272633355_n.jpg

Re: Blu Mar Ten & Seba - Kmag remix competition

Entering this :D.

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

"15. All parts made available to download, and all parts downloaded remain the property of Blu Mar Ten. All remixes completed, whether submitted in this competition or not, remain the property of Blu Mar Ten. No exploitation, or distribution of remixes shall be permitted without the sole written consent of Blu Mar Ten."

You can still upload to soundcloud after the remix is over regardless of whether you win or not right?

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

"15. All parts made available to download, and all parts downloaded remain the property of Blu Mar Ten. All remixes completed, whether submitted in this competition or not, remain the property of Blu Mar Ten. No exploitation, or distribution of remixes shall be permitted without the sole written consent of Blu Mar Ten."

You can still upload to soundcloud after the remix is over regardless of whether you win or not right?

No... Im pretty sure your quote answered your question.

Someone correct me if im wrong of course

- - - Updated - - -

Also:

yes

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the key for this song?

edit:

it's A♯maj according to beatport.
Which I don't really trust.

does it matter?

Thanks for hosting this! I have been waiting for a decent remix comp since the BSE comp a few months back! Good luck to everyone, really excited to hear the submissions and really pumped to get a chance to have a go myself!

Root Beer.wav

Am I right in saying that it is from the American Beauty soundtrack by Thomas Newman?? Just for curiousity :)

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to have the original key though :(

It does ; ), helps keep things feel together better if it's all in the original key : ).

really? much more interesting drag it into a totally new key.

anyway, i have no idea what the key is. Just use your ears and play stuff that's good imo

Root Beer.wav

Am I right in saying that it is from the American Beauty soundtrack by Thomas Newman?? Just for curiousity :)

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to have the original key though :(

just get the bass loop and make your own bass to match each note then you have your base notes and u can work from there

just get the bass loop and make your own bass to match each note then you have your base notes and u can work from there

that is what I've done mate :). Everything is in A.

Now that this key ordeal is done, I can get busy with the vibes :D

odd that this is an issue. i've never, ever even remotely known the key of any remix i've done.
on the rare occasions i wanted to work out the key of something i simply play a scale up the keyboard and worked it out from that

odd that this is an issue. i've never, ever even remotely known the key of any remix i've done.
on the rare occasions i wanted to work out the key of something i simply play a scale up the keyboard and worked it out from that

It's not an issue tbh, I just prefer working with everything in key, so drums, bass, fx and such : )

Back
Top Bottom