Blu Mar Ten - All Or Nothing Remix Competition via KMag

30 Stems! Cool :)

I will probably download the stems when I get me external HD and play around. See what I can come up with!

If its good then I will enter! If I can't get anything good then I won't bother... :lol:

Yeah plenty to work with here, never seen a comp with 30 different parts before, sure I can come up with something, I just hope I will be able to get something together in time for the deadline, I have been spending a lot of time on tracks recently but others I can get done pretty quickly. We will see!

I know theres a load of stuff to work with here! Not really feeling the original track, especially the kick and snare, but the individual stems sound gorgeous. Took a stroll through and only downloaded what I though I might be using.

Gonna give it a day or two though before I start mine as I have a head cold atm. I've already got lots in mind as for where I wanna go with it though. I'm really looking forward to see what the other members of the forum will do with the stems too.

Last edited:
frickin awesome. I love blu mar ten. great opportunity.
I haven't actually heard All or Nothing though, I think I'll leave it like that until my remix is finished.

cheers for the heads up.

Am looking foward to yours actually! Something Deep I am guessing? :P

I am hoping to do the remix under my 'bangin' new producer name so it will probably be a bit darker :D Might try give it a bit of a dark garage vibe. Dunno yet.

See what you mean about the original track. I wasn't blown away by it by any means!

As far as the stems go, as you said, there is some good stuff to work with. I can see myself doing a lot of chopping with this one! Not sure I would be keen on looping any of the parts so I will cut em all up and see what the result is!

Would like to see a John Miszt remix of this one. And a Kronix one. And a Ayala one. And a Hair one. :) Hint hint if any of you read this ;)

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Looks like I will be seeing the Ayala one! His post hadn't loaded when I wrote mine.

Gonna give it a day or two though before I start mine as I have a head cold atm.

I read that wrong first time. I read it as "Gonna give it a day or two though before I start mine as I have a cold head atm."
I was just thinking, what?

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Looks like I will be seeing the Ayala one! His post hadn't loaded when I wrote mine.

Haha, that's If I actually finish it!

I read that wrong first time. I read it as "Gonna give it a day or two though before I start mine as I have a cold head atm."
I was just thinking, what?

Yes, I need it to thaw first... been listening to too many cold, minimal tunes :lol:

Im gonna have a play, if only to gain a bit of experience. Half my samples already chosen etc. looking forward to hearing what you guys put out.

I'm on this, been looking for a project to better my technical skills, not feeling very inspired to write something from scratch at the mo. great percussion and atmos samples, gunna try resampling that bass and do something deep and dark ;)

Sounds like everyone already has their rendition worked out in their mind. Stoked to hear what everyone comes out with!

Holy thats alot of stems. Probably shouldnt listen to the clip of the track til iv got some ideas. Gonna grab them down tonight and get my creativity going :spliff:

From the discussion board on the SoundCloud group page for submissions... thought it would be helpful for some:

Blu Mar Ten has confirmed that the tempo of the stems is 176

another user has identified the key as "D" (although Blu Mar Ten hasn't confirmed this.)

^^^ figured that out myself. it is 176 bpm and i for one build a bassline in D around it and it sounds good so far.

almost finished my remix yesterday. just need to whack another pad in there and its done :)

if i can get my music computer to run again ima gonna upload a little snippet. turned out as and oldschool-sounding liquidy roller. nothing groundbreaking, sounds fresh tho =)

good remix comp. although it was a bit shit to download 30 files.. a rar would have been lots better.

never heard that original tune aswell..

Back
Top Bottom