bloom Festival 08

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
See..its all good with these big old festivals, loads of dj's, 8000 arenas etc ect.. but i always think they totally miss the point! They arent really fesitvals at all.. rather just big 'raves' sponsored by fucking vodaphone or wella hair gell!

A lot these days are missing that friendly vibe, and are really faceless, copycats of each other...

If you are after something a bit different but still with really good music i recommend going to bloom. Its a weekedn one near Bristol, about 8000 people and its only £50

loads of wicked hip hop, breaks and music that went on all night! I would seriosuly reccomend it... I know its not global slammin crahser land but still.. fuck all that big coroprate bollocks !

Last year's highlights included Coldcut, the Trojan Sound System (we were dancing around to the sounds of classic reggae in scorching heat for 3 hours!!!!) and a drunk rodney p brocking out!

http://bloomfestival.com/

Its definatelty one of my fave festivals,with no trouble at all! (and no police!!!)...

Last edited:
roni size reparazent live as well, doesnt look to bad, I fancy a pritty chilled out festival this year. That bestival looks good as well.

Bloom looks pretty sick, may have to reach this, but Dour festival FTW!!
It's in Belgium and looks bloody good. Friction, Sub Focus, Roni Size Live, High Contrast, Shy FX, Pendulum (DJ Set), DJ Q-Bert, Ice Cube, Steel Pulse etc etc. Loads of bands and reggae and other stuff. Anyone else going??

http://www.dourfestival.be/en

its wicked.. really chilled..but we got really mashup last year on acid which was fun.. lol.. the tents are quite small but lively.. music goes on all night...

Yeh im looking to start working with these guys... hopefully get booked for this years event if not next year.

VERY GOOD FESTIVAL!

Yeah got mailed the line up so far.. not bad! the tickets are 80 quid now which is still a bargain.

It was good last year a nice relaxed mashup compared to the relentless madness of Glade (which is also fucking wicked). Its quite funny cos last year you had Pendulum and then the next day on the same stage there was the little brass band playing.. i was pretty strung out..it was confusing....

the music stops about 2am i think and evryone goes to this other tea tent place where they were palying Breaks all night..its cool! Lots of weirdos to meet, like how i remeber festivals were when i was 18..;)

I wanted to go to Bestival too but couldnt be arsed.

line up:

Akil The MC (Jurassic 5)
Autokratz
Ame
Beardyman
Benga
The Black Seeds (Sonar Kollective)
Brand New Heavies (original full live band)
Caspa
Ewan Pearson
Flipron
Florence and the Machine
Freeform Five
The Glimmers
High Contrast
Hot8 Brass Band
James Yuill
Justin Robertson
Kraak & Smaak
Kid Fiesta
Kissy Sell Out
Kyte
The Lionheart Brothers
London Breakbeat Orchestra
Max Sedgley & The Shoots
Meat Katie
The Bays
The Nextmen
The Part Time Heroes
The Presets
Roni Size "Reparazent" LIVE
Roisin Murphy
Super Nashwan
Scratch Perverts
Shuffle
Tunng
Unabombers presents: The Electric Chair
XX Teens

hit this last year already got tickets for this year! gonna be big...a lot of those artists will be on at the same time though.

Back
Top Bottom