Bloody Sound Card

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Can anyone help please???

I'm using a Behringer UCA222 sound card and I've fucked it up somehow... It happened when I opened Propellerhead's RECYLCE, basically it just started to really fuzz and distort my output sound. I'm using a mac btw, I know its nothing to do with the speakers- they are fine. It's either some kind of setting on my computer (possibly something to do with the soundcards output???) or the card itself I don't know.
This has happened before as well and I just unplugged the card and replugged it in the other usb slot and it worked again- now thats not working either. In system preferences it's called USB Audio Codec but I can't edit anything in there... Also there were no drivers with the behringer- it's just plug and play! WTF!!!

sounds like Recyle has changed the sample rate, or buffer size. in your DAW, there should be an option to 'configure hardware' or something similar, start with a large buffer and low sample rate (44.1khz maybe), you can keep decreasing the buffer size, and increasing the sample rate until it starts messing up again, then drop it back towhatever setting worked best. large buffer size = high latency, so for eg you hit a key and then there is a delay before it actually plays a sound, large sample rates increase the work your computer has to do, 44.1 is 'cd quality', 96khz is where you should aim for if ur computer can handle it, but its also better to use the native sample rate for the card, you might get sum strange issues with samples if u set it to something other than that

Yeah nice idea mate, I'll have a go at that and I'll check the native rate, that will at least solve the problem in Logic...
I'm just thinking that might not solve the issue for the sounds coming from outside of Logic, like Itunes etc, is there anyway to change those sample settings on the mac without being in a DAW perhaps?

Yeah nice idea mate, I'll have a go at that and I'll check the native rate, that will at least solve the problem in Logic...
I'm just thinking that might not solve the issue for the sounds coming from outside of Logic, like Itunes etc, is there anyway to change those sample settings on the mac without being in a DAW perhaps?

there should be yeah, but i dont use mac so i culdnt tell u where those settings would be. really stuff like itunes should be using the system drivers for audio, and they should be automaticly set to the native sample rate of the card

Back
Top Bottom