BLoodstain - Diamond in the dump

I think the drums seem muddy. Try some more EQ'ing, e.g. take some of the low end of the kick out. Make sure your kick peaks around 100 hz, and your snare around 200 hz.
Also I would lower the volume of the hihat, and add a lot more to the beat. Try just to layer in many different hihat, shaker, rimshot, tamborine samples and just set their volumes fairly low. If you want it to roll more, try adding ghost notes at the 16'ths before kicks and snares. This is all depending on how you want it to sound though.

To add more variation, you could try filtering some of the synths. Maybe lowpassing them or just take them out sometimes.

I think the drums seem muddy. Try some more EQ'ing, e.g. take some of the low end of the kick out. Make sure your kick peaks around 100 hz, and your snare around 200 hz.
Also I would lower the volume of the hihat, and add a lot more to the beat. Try just to layer in many different hihat, shaker, rimshot, tamborine samples and just set their volumes fairly low. If you want it to roll more, try adding ghost notes at the 16'ths before kicks and snares. This is all depending on how you want it to sound though.

To add more variation, you could try filtering some of the synths. Maybe lowpassing them or just take them out sometimes.
Never liked my hat pattern, had thousands of 'm then i just said, fuck it i can't find it, but you just told me, thanks

drums do def sound rele muddy i like the synth ur using that sounds kinda like a dist guitar. not sure on the bass and there's not a lot of low end. your def on the right track tho mate so keep at it.

You mean the kick & the snare or the hats?

the kick and snare feel like they aint got enuff punch or high end. maybe add another high end kick and then bring it into the mix. the same with the snare. also with the hats, am stating this from memory as im at work atm but i think you could solve the problem by adding a touch more reverb and maybe using a parameter eq to bring out the high end a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom