Bleu - Soek

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ali^, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

http://soundcloud.com/soek/bleu

A new song I've been working on for quite a while now. Pretty much happy with it, obviously still under going the odd tweak when I feel like it.

Also if you have any time please try and listen to my other tracks, mainly Free Ahead.
    Thanks alot guys, anything is welcome :wave:

2. Drumbrain

Drumbrain New Member

Sounds pretty cool track! Beat is tight and working
    well with this type of D&B! Clear mixdown and open stereofield.
    Bass volume is maybe too low. Nothing bad to say really about
    it!

3. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

nice full sounding beat. nice deep melody. nice work on the drum fills, the work on your beat is really good but i would do a couple things i dont know if you will want to do what i think but its just my opinion..
    personally:
    i think you need to find a nice ride or hi hat thats real smooth, maybe HP it. and have it go 4/4 every bar... u kno like 1.2.3.4.1.2.3.4

only because personally i feel your beat just needs that constant flow behind it to keep it rolling, everything else in the beat sounds absolutly wicked, so if u dont want my idea i completly respect that.

the RIDE that comes in at .20 seconds on the offbeat, (and all the way through the tune) i think would sound a lot nicer with less release so if it was alot shorter? imo tho.

4. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

Yeah i deffinatly hear what your saying about a nice ride. I've wanted to use rides in a few songs but I just don't have any decent ones. I don't suppose you know of any packs that have good'ns in do you?

5. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

tune is sounding ok man (cant here the bass as im on lappy speakers), personally i think the drums are a bit to 'hetick' for it.