Bleep bloop musician creating DnB

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by defiantsystems, Oct 16, 2012.

1. defiantsystems

defiantsystems New Member

Hello. I'm a chiptune musician from Philadelphia. I've been creating electronic music for the past 3 years. This year I've been concentrating on my love of them all DnB. Currently working on a 10 track album and it's going well but I know I could learn more which brings me here. I currently use LSDJ, DefleMask and have been dabbling with Renoise to create and experiment with non-chip tracks. Like I said I'm here to learn but I also want to hear some more artists so I'll be listening to a lot of people's stuff and more than likely downloading so I can jam out at work.

That's my most recent track which I played live over the weekend. I used LSDJ for that track. If any of you are unfamiliar with it it's a tracker created for the Nintendo Gameboy. I'm seriously limited using only 4 channels and one being a dedicated noise channel. I've only ever created my own drum loops, so things like sampling drum breaks and layering different drum tracks is almost completely foreign to me.

I'll probably lurk more than I post and link to new tracks that I create. Any other Renoise users? Tracker users? Or chiptune artists for that matter?

2. king bradley

king bradley New Member

hey
    never saw this technique, it's interesting
    even though I feel some channels are peaking alot have you thought about compressing your track it could be interesting

3. defiantsystems

defiantsystems New Member

Hey king bradley. Thanks for checking out my track, I thought I might have scared everyone off when I said "chipmusic." I haven't thought about compressing actually. To be honest the track is pretty raw other than volume adjustments in LSDJ. I haven't done any mastering to the track it's just a straight recording from my Gameboy to Audacity. Any places particularly that are peaking heavily?