Blast Those Fupping Stupid Speeding Cameras .....

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
TECHNICALLY IT WOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE BECAUSE THE SIGN IS IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA, NOT BEHIND IT SO TO SPEAK.

SO YOU COULD ARGUE THE TOSS.

JUST SAYIN LIKE.....

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
TECHNICALLY IT WOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE BECAUSE THE SIGN IS IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA, NOT BEHIND IT SO TO SPEAK.

SO YOU COULD ARGUE THE TOSS.

JUST SAYIN LIKE.....
u wouldnt win though ... speed limits start from point of where the sign starts.We have a massive problem in areas around high wycombe where the local councils have changed all the 40 miles n hr to 30 and havent replaced all the signs but one at each end of road , now police cops have been platrolling in a van and booking hundreds of motorists,thing is its legal .. and nothing but a money making quick scam ...... motherfuppers ....

Gumby

VIP Junglist
i borrowed my dads car the other day. a speed camera got me and dear old daddy paid the fine
*bats eyelids*

SLow

Quadrospazzed life-glug
VIP Junglist
u wouldnt win though ... speed limits start from point of where the sign starts.We have a massive problem in areas around high wycombe where the local councils have changed all the 40 miles n hr to 30 and havent replaced all the signs but one at each end of road , now police cops have been platrolling in a van and booking hundreds of motorists,thing is its legal .. and nothing but a money making quick scam ...... motherfuppers ....
Yep same here too, I've had my license revoked coz of those fucking camera vans.

45 in what I thought was a 40, was actually a 30. Even though the distance between the white lines in the centre of the road dictates that the road is a 40.........

Bull shit!

This video at 3 mins sums up my feelings:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y7j_RLxf34s

djspex

45 in what I thought was a 40, was actually a 30. Even though the distance between the white lines in the centre of the road dictates that the road is a 40.........
They should be 4m lines with 2m gaps in a 40, same for a 30. It's only on roads with a speed limit above 40 where they change to 6m lines with 3m gaps. Regardless, it's a pretty weak defence. You should be looking at the road, not working out how long the white lines are.

Last edited:

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
that's pretty fucking retarded and nothing to joke about really tbfh
Not really, considering I wasn't even driving.

We broke down, we got out to have a look what was wrong, I was quite pissed so sat back in the car, police turn up, and stupid me had chosen to sit in the driver's seat.

They thought I was driving whilst over the limit and not being insured to drive the car.

36 month ban and £750 fine.

Hence the oops. Because I can laugh about me being such an idiot now.

Was mega pissed off at the time.

DJ SCUBA

Vinyl Addict
VIP Junglist
Not really, considering I wasn't even driving.

We broke down, we got out to have a look what was wrong, I was quite pissed so sat back in the car, police turn up, and stupid me had chosen to sit in the driver's seat.

They thought I was driving whilst over the limit and not being insured to drive the car.

36 month ban and £750 fine.
Eh? Did they not even check if the car belonged to you? What about the person who was driving?

SLow

Quadrospazzed life-glug
VIP Junglist
They should be 4m lines with 2m gaps in a 40, same for a 30. It's only on roads with a speed limit above 40 where they change to 6m lines with 3m gaps. Regardless, it's a pretty weak defence. You should be looking at the road, not working out how long the white lines are.
Yeah there is no excuse for speeding :gang_bang ... I just assumed the road was a 40, only reason it's a 30 is because schoolkids use it to get to/from school. Won't stop me whinging about it though!

Brofski what about the driver? Why didn't he step in? It's not just the ban and the fine, insurance is gonna rape you when you tell them you got DR10 (as Im sure you know :rinsed: ).