BLAST:RADIUS_NYC_SNOFALL

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by BLAST:RADIUS, Apr 30, 2014.

1. BLAST:RADIUS

BLAST:RADIUS Member

I need input on the mix and overall content.

2. Solace

Solace Active Member

First thing I notice: create some dynamics! When I scroll trough your sounds on sc, everything is just a block of sound... (do you over compress?)
    and the whole 6 minutes kinda feels the same... from the moment the drums come in, it stays the some (more or less)

on your track dark chi rising: again, one block of sound... and on this you really need to have some dynamics, since your intro doenst have as much sounds as later on, it should be more quiet, which is quite obvious.
    the sound at 2:34 is a bit... hm... doenst fit the song..

the mixdown on both tracks could be a bit cleaner, sometimes everything sounds a bit messy..

3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

My personal opinion is that it feel like it's all just pads and ambients on a beat that is very ''floaty'' as well. I think it needs some element that is more consistent and that you can nod your head to. And I agree with Crizis about the length. If you want to make a track this long it needs a lot more variation. I'm defiantly not trying to be rude, just honest. Keep working and you will get there!

4. pareidolius

pareidolius Member

Just needs some progression dude! maybe at some point kill the pads an just have a sub bass line with added percussion and stronger drums. would sound niiiice!

5. BLAST:RADIUS

BLAST:RADIUS Member

Thank you all.for this in put.Just what I need to hear.The straight dope.I'll keep working on it all.