Blame - Let It Go (Nuera Remix)

nice nice, i think the repetition of the 'YEAH' on the drop is a little harsh and in places can sound like its droppping out of sync/time if you get me.

sounding pro matty tho, I am also jus listening through shitty lappy speakers so i could be wrong but its a nice tune mate...good work. what do you use to produce?

Cheers Joe! Yeah I get what you mean man, I used a delay on the vocal but I might just cut up the sample to get it sounding better.
Thanks though! I use Logic 8 :)

sounding good man
likin the drums alot that extra bit after drop sounds cool
bass sounds fine im on laptop speakers now tho so cant really comment on the overall mixdown
but good start mate

oh an anychance i could get the stems for the tune?lol

sounding good man
likin the drums alot that extra bit after drop sounds cool
bass sounds fine im on laptop speakers now tho so cant really comment on the overall mixdown
but good start mate

oh an anychance i could get the stems for the tune?lol

Cheers Si! haha no worries man, will zip them up and PM the link now :) I only used the vocal, the rest of them are pretty gash lol.

listening to it now, personally i'd put a bit more variation in the piano riff, perhaps make a slight rhythmical or tonal variation for the last 8 bars of the 16 bar phrase, like joey said, the 'yeahs' sound a little out rhythmically after a couple of bars, personally i'd chop up the sample and try fading it out with volume automation instead of delay, overall sounding good, listening to it on hd25's and the mixdown so far sounds nice and tight... if you could PM me the link to the stems you'd be an absolute legend. :2thumbs:

listening to it now, personally i'd put a bit more variation in the piano riff, perhaps make a slight rhythmical or tonal variation for the last 8 bars of the 16 bar phrase, like joey said, the 'yeahs' sound a little out rhythmically after a couple of bars, personally i'd chop up the sample and try fading it out with volume automation instead of delay, overall sounding good, listening to it on hd25's and the mixdown so far sounds nice and tight... if you could PM me the link to the stems you'd be an absolute legend. :2thumbs:

Thanks bro! yeah defo guna vary up the piano riff a bit, nice one! tried PMing the links but it wouldnt work for some reason, so here they are :) http://www.mediafire.com/?i27qza70cnkqp25

Just a few things to play with mate,

Possibly a reverbed kick in the vocal breakdown at the beginning? Might just be a sweetener?

The filter up on the drop, you kick n snare loop and the break seem to mis match on volume slightly, the f&i loop you have used just out at a certain filter frequency and might be just a tad smoother?

I don't think it lack midrange but i do think that some elements in the mix could be a tad higher in the mix.

All in all a very very nice tune though, prefer the vibe and arrangement to the original!

You right about the stems too ;)

Just a few things to play with mate,

Possibly a reverbed kick in the vocal breakdown at the beginning? Might just be a sweetener?

The filter up on the drop, you kick n snare loop and the break seem to mis match on volume slightly, the f&i loop you have used just out at a certain filter frequency and might be just a tad smoother?

I don't think it lack midrange but i do think that some elements in the mix could be a tad higher in the mix.

All in all a very very nice tune though, prefer the vibe and arrangement to the original!

You right about the stems too ;)

Yesssss big up Dave! Wicked feedback mate, yeah definitely going to add a reverbed kick drum I think just to add a bit more impact.
Definitely guna go in and sort out levels as well, could sound a bit crisper for sure.
haha I take it you checked the rest of them then :D
Nice one bro!

this is sounding really crisp mate. you could bring out the bass mid/highs more in parts, just stabs coming through.
mixdown sounds solid kick and snare sounding clear and crisp!
nothing to really hate on tho. i think you got a really solid tune there... just some slight more variation wouldnt go a miss.
but i know u aint been producing that long and this is sounding promising, not sure iv had a mixdown this clean and iv been producing for a while longer!

this is sounding really crisp mate. you could bring out the bass mid/highs more in parts, just stabs coming through.
mixdown sounds solid kick and snare sounding clear and crisp!
nothing to really hate on tho. i think you got a really solid tune there... just some slight more variation wouldnt go a miss.
but i know u aint been producing that long and this is sounding promising, not sure iv had a mixdown this clean and iv been producing for a while longer!

Thanks man, appreciate that! :) guna try and bring out the violins a bit more they seem a bit lost atm, and the arpeggio at the start doesnt seem to sit right so going to have a play with that as well!

Nice one for checking :)

You've used the vocal well, uplifting dancefloor buzz. On my headphones, what I hear, the kick is quite loud and the snare sounds like it's compressed to make it snap but too much, like you were trying to make them punchy/snappy but you over-did it a fraction.
I mean , I can only comment on what I hear and the other seem to say it was ok so .....??

yes mate, that break is sweet! bass is full, i like it!
imo maybe bring out a lil more highs in ur bass synth, or add another lil arp to vary it for the ears..
other than that really well mixed down

Thanks guys! I've kept trying to go in and make subtle changes but for every one thing I change I have to change about 5 other things haha. Think im going to call it a day on this one, its all practice for me at the end of the day as its only been about 18 months since I started. Got another few things on the go at the moment so will take all the comments into account for the next tune.
Thanks again everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom