Blackmill-like-female-vocals

WickedKawaii

Hey guys,

So I'm sitting here on Fl studio 10 trying to learn how to make Ah's and Oh's, and I can't figure anything out. I'm sure Blackmill uses a real female vocalist, but is there anyway I can synthesize just basic vowels and noises? I've been scouring YouTube, but all I'm finding is robotic and hard-style voices.

I'm probably taking shots in the dark...without a gun...but if anyone has any tips/advice/links, that would be real coo'.

Thanks guys.

you'll never be able to truly synthesise vocals like that. Your best bet is to grab some vocal sample packs off the web, there's usually one word hits and vowels etc in them.

Like Mr Fletch said, you are best off using samples. however if you wanna get vowel like sounds, just record your voice into your DAW. Then open a spectral analyzer and see where the sounds are peaking(?), then boost those same frequencies in the patch you made. I've done this for bass sounds so it may work for what you are trying

Alright. Thanks Mr. Fletch. I'll have to go surfin for some vocal packs. Do you have any links you could provide or know of any places I could look? If not, that's fine. I'm a big boy, I can do some things on my own(like reach the top shelf).

And kam0, so you think I could record my voice and then make it sound like a female? Hmm.

Im not 100 on that one. Was just giving you some ideas. Ill give it a try tomoro and get back to you

There's this plugin called Phillharmonik, by IK Multimedia. It's not very expensive, and it has good "oohs" and "aahs", both male and female.

Hey, thanks to everyone who replied: seriously appreciate it. I'm gonna try out all the things you guys have posted and see how each one works out. I'll also keep looking for some other alternatives, that way if I find anything better(or worse) I can share it here. I found some vocal packs up for download, but I haven't been able to try them out yet.

I plan on trying out the link and plugin you guys recommended after work today.

If you are interested in it, there is a choir synthesizer from East West that is pretty amazing. Acts like a speech synth, but full choir rather than one voice, and sounds pretty realistc...

Okay, don't listen to me. I couldn't figure it out. i just know that technique can work for bass sounds but i couldn't do it for vocals. maybe if you could synthesize something that sounds like a voice it would work.

Something else you may want to look at is taking basic vocal samples and using edison to strech and blur them, and then apply filters. You can get long droning female samples from even basic speech, and it sounds pretty good. I have used this along with the granulizer for some pretty wicked sounds.

Check out this tutorial from the FL Guru page on youtube, it will give you a good idea of what i mean... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDYxNZB0ZI

Its free to join and legit. Then you have a whole world of samples at your fingertips! Honestly, anything you can think of is probably on there! All free to download!

You need to be careful on freesound.org, as there are some samples there that are, indeed, protected by it's owner.

- - - Updated - - -

Something else you may want to look at is taking basic vocal samples and using edison to strech and blur them, and then apply filters. You can get long droning female samples from even basic speech, and it sounds pretty good. I have used this along with the granulizer for some pretty wicked sounds.

Check out this tutorial from the FL Guru page on youtube, it will give you a good idea of what i mean... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDYxNZB0ZI

The FL Guru channel is filled with gold info on how to make things on FL Studio.

IMO, if you want some real sounding vocals, you need to get a real person (or at least the recording of a real person through a sample bank) to sing what you want. That's why I use Philharmonik, it's composed of real recordings of orchestral elements.

Oh man. So many things to try. You guys are awesome. I have work 7am to 8pm all week, so I haven't been able to play around with anything just yet. But any spare time I have that doesn't include sleeping and eating, will be used trying out all these different methods. If any of them come out sounding pretty good - I'll put it on sound cloud and post the results here, along with the method used. That way we know what could be done. Well, what could be done with the limited knowledge and experience I have. Lol.

O.O

WHAT IS THAT AND HOW DO I GET IT

That would be NI Kontakt, which is a rather expensive but really good piece of software, and he's using some third-party library for the actual vocal sounds.

It sounds great though. Reminds me of the vocal sounds in a lot of Calyx & Teebee's stuff, although I know that most of their stuff is sampled from movies.

Back
Top Bottom