Blackmarket Records - D&B no longer downstairs.....

theraw

Went in to Blackmarket yesterday and went downstairs to check the D&B out, there was no records down there whatsoever, just some fit bird selling serato and traktor controllers for a company called Beat Control (or something like that), all the D&B is now upstairs next to the house music!!!!!!!! :mad: Man that basement has been legendary for D&B for sooo many years i'm quite sad that it's gone, i remember going in on a Saturday years ago and Nikki Blackmarket would be behind the decks mixing and handing out records. Anyway, just thought i'd give ya a heads up and see what people's thoughts are, i guess it's just another sign that vinyl sales are on the decline unfortunately....

whattt?? sucks man, got a certain satisfaction from asking to go downstairs some afternoons with no-one actually staffed down there, got the whole basement to myself mmm

yeah man, it only happened a couple of days ago apparently, the guy upstairs didn't know anything about D&B either so i'm guessing they've ditched some of the staff from downstairs as well....

No more basement sessions then
Nicky-Blackmarket-Rollin-the-Basement-Sessions.jpg

Rinsed that album for a looong time

no disrespect to BM, but everytime I go to Soho to get records I always seem to find something better in Sister-Ray.

Sad news though. Hopefully its just a refurb or something.
Sign of the times though, people shop online more nowadays.

damn, miss pink has probably gone then, thats a shame, when i was buying vinyl, youngsta was working there, always used to give me the low down on what was happening with tempa and recommend good vinyl's dnb or dubstep...

Shame

Used to spend loads of time in there, seems a bit of a shame no downstairs now. Might have to go pop my head in and have a look.

went in today they're selling some tech stuff downstairs now as someone else mentioned too, seems a shame really. need to find me a new dnb bassment

I am sure vinyl will be avaliable at BM, definately agree I bet most people on here will have memories of the basement, nothing beats the feel of vinyl. One record shop still striving on during these difficult times.

Just went to Soho to check out vinyl stores. BM soho now officially sucks for DnB, they have such a poor selection (imo). I didn't think I'd find any DnB in the other stores, Phonica didn't have any but to my surprise I was more lucky in Reckless and another one, can't remember the name. Where do you go for DnB vinyl? Online is the way to go now I guess...

Back
Top Bottom