Black Sun Empire - Varations On Black

Unbelievable release. The amount of artists involved and the quality of the music is insane. Utterly obese LP.

zardonic remix? really? they should've put that rido or um remix on it instead...or that gridlok one at least. i actually really dislike that rockdnb whatever ... sounds like it's from 2006 or something. aargh...

Some absolute stompers on there but there are a fair few stylistically poor tunes too imo

Arrakis remix makes up for everything however...

Arrakis is probably the tune of the year for me. Heard it live for the first time this weekend, place went nuts. Absolutely nuts.

Bought the 2 ep's thinking i would get a download code for the lp! No such luck. Forking out £35 is too much for both formats.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be standard that if you buy the vinyl you should get the digital release (or at least discounted)

Am I the only one who isn't that impressed with the Arrakis remix? :confused: It's good, but I think I was expecting something a bit more spectacular from Noisia... I know they were probably trying to respect the original track and not change it too much, but most of the track sounds far too similar to the original to me, aside from a few new pad sounds and those switch-ups (Which are cool!) after the drop. Not too sure on the drums and the rhythm on the first part of the drop either, it just doesn't have that much of an impact when it hits (Although the 2nd drop is a lot better). Maybe I'm nitpicking, I just don't see what all the fuss is about - I would have preferred Noisia to have taken the track in a completely new direction... Maybe I just need to hear it on a phat system to really appreciate it!

Last edited:
Yeah, I kinda agree with that. It certainly isn't that impressive. The album is a dope all round package tho...

My personal favourite tunes are The Rat, Don't You, Brainfreeze and Sideways.. really nice remixes. The Drizzle VIP is pretty hot too.

And now it's been slashed to €7 on beatport! Fucking typical!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Back
Top Bottom