"Black Sun Empire & Noisia - Hideous" Remix Competition

Hi just out of curiosity (as I tried checking up on the rules first but haven't noticed anything about it) what's the deal with uploading the track to your Soundcloud account? Would it have to be private, or would it be better just to keep it in with the competition until after it's over or what? I've spent too long on this track to void any rules, but am interested at getting some feedback from here.

Re: "Black Sun Empire & Noisia - Hideous" Remix Competition

I used lots of the original sound, some I applied additional FX, some I left as them are. It's incredible how they manage to have a loud as fuck track without clipping.

I believe no one has heard of adaptive limiters on in this thread no??

For example, the Oxford Limiter in safe mode, you can literally smash the death outta things without distortion - Not rocket science (y)

- - - Updated - - -

On a more annoying note, pissed I've only seen this thread today :(

Hi just out of curiosity (as I tried checking up on the rules first but haven't noticed anything about it) what's the deal with uploading the track to your Soundcloud account? Would it have to be private, or would it be better just to keep it in with the competition until after it's over or what? I've spent too long on this track to void any rules, but am interested at getting some feedback from here.

I'm no expert on copyright, but I believe there would be no problems for you to upload it to your soundcloud since you don't put it as free for download. If I'm not mistaken, the rules say that it would void your competition entry if you put the remix for sale.

^ Waves L2 is a nice one for that too, though loudness shouldn't imo be a primary goal when mastering

Yeah see everyone says that but ultimately we do want our tracks to be somewhat loud enough to hold up within a mix. I really depends on the style of tune tho, like this, lots of stuff is smacked hard. Also Konichi's drums are so loud is insane, still, sounds good and clean tho.

Has anyone clocked this joker yet? http://play.beatport.com/contests/black-sun-empire-noisia_hideous/5270c7d8b8ed74146407f698

Not sure how he's getting votes, but I doubt it has anything to with people listening to his track and actually being impressed.

To be honest, I'm not even worrying about how many votes I get (as far as I know, I only got one vote, from myself). And, I'm not even worrying about how many votes this guy gets, or Seamless, or any other that is topping the list here. The most they will get is a $50 to spend on beatport. The final word will be from BSE (I don't believe that even the guys from Noisia will listen to the remixes), which mean, can be anyone on the contest (unless there's something behind that says otherwisem, if you know what I mean.)

could someone do me a massive favour and upload the stems as a zip to sendspace or something similar then post the link here? i missed out on the comp but really wanna remix it!

Back
Top Bottom