BL:OMO Cummin atcha

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Black Homo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Black Homo

Black Homo Active Member

My first tune ever, called Please Stay.

Moskit and ManuForti like this.
  2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Wrong section black homo, geeze.

3. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Shite mate :teeth:

Edit:

Since no one else is biting and helping you out here ill give a few opinions then...

First impression was your obviously one of those guys who likes the deep minimal style, infact this reminded me of Inner Disbelief straight away by the way it was structured. And its a decent attempt at the style. The haunting pad sample is a good choice although i feel it needed to be a chord or at least have more impact. The pad might also have sounded a bit better with a little more Attack so we didnt get so much of a click and some delay and reverb to really give it a little width. A tip that may work for you that ive been implementing in my pad work is adding delay some reverb then smashing the pad with a compressor and EQ to taste and then process it again and repeat. This seems to give a hollow effect much like Ivy Lab stuff from 2014. Its an experimental feel ive started to adopt in any case and is worth a try. Also i do like the the progression on this sound but a change up every 16 bars would have really given this track some added depth. One thing im really impressed with is the other haunting stab behind the pad... Something i neglect a lot is adding things like this for added depth and youve done it well, simple notation but it fits in perfect. Also i like the change in pads on the 2nd drop very good for a new producer adding that a nice touch to keep the track from going stale.

The drums are fine... Sounds like a loop thats been thrown on there though? Well chosen but if your using loops i always feel some layering or a little chopping is required. The amen fits though and does add some colour a little eq on the amen would have brought it out more.

I dig the low end a lot, uninteresting and simple but i think thats fine for this style... I would maybe detune it a little for some interest. Thats another tip infact instead of pitching up a full note i use percentages on the detune function for added wonky feel. As long as the note sounds right and in key i think it works well. It sounds warm enough though and and keeps the track rolling nicely.

Arrangement is good, as i say it reminded me of a D Bridge track from the get go so no bad thing there. Some nice FX, reverb/delays on the vocal and the fact that im not adverse to the genius that is Wham! make this an all round enjoyable experience.

Good work!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    Black Homo likes this.
  4. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Obviously this is the best thing to ever have graced these boards.

@maschinistom could learn a lot from you.

ManuForti likes this.
  5. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

Nice Sig!!!