Bitwig

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
Any Bitwig users inside?

I started on FL, (PC) moved to Logic (MAC), then to Studio One (PC).

Studio One has some decent features, but some of them aren't quite up to par. I did a bit of research into Bitwig and it has so many brilliant features.

I look the plunge yesterday and copped it, as there's a sale on their website at the moment.

Anyone else use it?

I like the look of it but being an Ableton user I'm not sure it offers anything that I don't already have.
I keep an eye on it in case I see something outstanding.

Alckemy has a a series on Bitwig, including why he switched from Ableton. Might be useful! I still use Ableton, but originally I was contemplating switching to Bitwig instead of Ableton (from Reaper). Bitwig just took too long to release and Ableton had a good sale to get 8 with free upgrade to 9 when it released.
Ill check this out, thank you.

I'm not sure if he has sold me tbh, I'm in the market for a new DAW simply so I can put more effort into mixing/mastering my tracks (bounce from Ableton). I had some joy using Protools but its so clunky you can't really be arsed making changes to the arrangement. Bitwig however seems to offer more of the same and i like the look of the modulator device (max4live is good for this but so CPU hungry).

Just in case anyone else wants to see that...

Last edited:
Ill check this out, thank you.

I'm not sure if he has sold me tbh, I'm in the market for a new DAW simply so I can put more effort into mixing/mastering my tracks (bounce from Ableton). I had some joy using Protools but its so clunky you can't really be arsed making changes to the arrangement. Bitwig however seems to offer more of the same and i like the look of the modulator device (max4live is good for this but so CPU hungry).

Just in case anyone else wants to see that...

Bitwig has some great features for mixing down, but I'd say Protools is probably my favourite for stem mixing. I hate making music/arranging in Protools though

Bitwig has some great features for mixing down, but I'd say Protools is probably my favourite for stem mixing. I hate making music/arranging in Protools though

I might just persevere with PT. Its just terrible if i feel like adding more changes meaning i have to be pretty much final in Ableton. Ive just got gear lust tbh ha.

One thing I'm loving about Bitwig so far is the containers. The Replacer is a godsend in terms of workflow and creativity.

Usually on other DAWS I have a few layers for kicks and snares and once I feel the need to start changing drum patterns, I get put off as it's quite a lot of midi data to copy and paste. There are ways around it, but I usually end up getting fed up.

The Replacer is great. I've been using a drum sampler/library from Kontakt, such the Abbey Road kit and sending each drum to a separate output.
On each output I've been using multiple replacers and layered each drum with various samples.

Back
Top Bottom