Bitwig Studio - Release Info

Deekay[AUS]

Buffy's Bedtime Slayer
Well I just received an newsletter from the Bitwig crew. They are saying that they will be announcing their release date and pricing in January at NAMM. So I would hazard a guess and place a Febuary release time?

Yeah it kind of flew off my radar about a month after they hyped it up. But either way I am a little bit curious in what their "game changing" DAW is going to be like.

I lost hope a loooong time ago. They were an NAMM last year too. I figured if it took this long to "maybe" release it, imagine how long it'll take to update and fix, or should I say when. Because lets face it, all DAWs need updates and are glitchy from time to time. The ability to fix a problem quickly is what matters.

Deekay[AUS];1433069 said:
Well I just received an newsletter from the Bitwig crew. They are saying that they will be announcing their release date and pricing in January at NAMM. So I would hazard a guess and place a Febuary release time?

Yeh they have fully longed out the release for bitwig. Was actually interested in getting it before the ridiculously long w8!

Bitwig... Way too expensive. No way a new DAW from a relatively unknown company should land at $400 USD. Something tells me this will be DOA unless they can get some early adopters to seriously showcase this product. Under $150 I might have bought it as a curiosity if I liked the demo, but it's just way too high. I understand they need to recoup the R&D, but there might have been a better way.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of running it via Linux, but vsts have to be run through an adapter, which slows the real time user experience down. Some good features in Bitwig, would be nice to rewire it, and I think multiple screens will be essential because the arrange window looks crammed.

Drum editing thing looks cool with automation, but otherwise the workflow and lay out in Logic blows it away. Game changing? Don't think so, it's just the same as any other DAW.

The one thing I can't understand is that they're selling it at the same price for both the boxed version and the download version. One would think there would be a price break for just the download version a la Ableton...

Back
Top Bottom