Bit of a problem with my interface and cubase

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Yo
Well up untill today everything has been running smoothly. The problem is, when i hit play on Cubase there is a couple of seconds pause before it plays, when i go to stop it it'll continue to play for a second or two before it stops. Don't understand why this is happening, never had this problem before with my new pc especially when i'm using an interface. Any suggestions?

sounds like a Buffer issue with your soundcard, check the Buffer settings between your standard drivers and asio4all if you are using it (increase/decrease the buffer and see what happens), could also be a memory issue, check Task Manager (ctrl+alt+delete) and see whats going on with the Memory and CPU usage, have you got anything like Anti-virus going on? switch it off while ur producing. last issue could be Virtual Memory, if your harddrive is a bit full or fragmented, although really that shuldnt be a problem for a DAW, unless you have allot of samples

figured it out.
turns out one of the the samples i was using was being loaded from a funny place. as a result it was taking just that second longer. i guess anyways.

Back
Top Bottom