Billain - Colonize EP (EATBRAIN019)

E

Evizon

First piece of audio is up! This EP is sounding really wicked. The artwork almost has a Mad Max feel to it but with a twist. Plus there's a storyline behind the EP. Love how Billain is creating a whole universe with his music :D

Here's the Colonize EP trailer.. looks like a trailer to a sci-fi film

Here's the official EP artwork. Made by Enis Čišić (the same guy who made the Colossus and Blockfield artwork)

11893941_989039721118266_4563626807545245082_o.jpg

The Colonize EP is being released 14.09 as a Beatport exclusive, and 28.09 worldwide digital. The vinyl date is still TBA as of now, however if you go on the Triple Vision page you can see that the vinyl will be a 12" single with Colonize / Feed For Speed (!).

I feel like Billain is drifting away into this new style with every release... he even described his upcoming LP as "a whole new type of neurofunk" o_O

Seriously, I respect him for experimenting with his music / being original. More artists need to do this, there are too many dnb artists that blatantly try to imitate other artists

I had the chance to chat with him briefly while I was having him over in June and I must say I seriously respect and admire the guy. It's not like I would dig each and every single one of his tunes, then again the depth of thought he puts into his production in general is incredible and almost unparalleled in this field.

I had the chance to chat with him briefly while I was having him over in June and I must say I seriously respect and admire the guy. It's not like I would dig each and every single one of his tunes, then again the depth of thought he puts into his production in general is incredible and almost unparalleled in this field.
You had Billain over? Lucky bugger haha

Yeah, Billain is in general an intelligent person IMO. So far I don't think I've heard one bad tune from him, I also have an appreciation for his work. Plus he has great taste in films :D

I respect billian as I do any producer who thinks out of the box so to speak...but I can't get down with his tunes..I'm old now tho so do t listen to me.

As much as I wouldn't regularly play a fair bit of Billain's music, there's no denying that the depth in production is absolutely astounding, something that should definitely be respected.

Third bit of audio is out! Billain & Kodin - Feed For Speed

So glad this tune finally gets to see the light of day :D

I'm not sure if this is true, but I just heard that 'Feed For Speed' was inspired by the guy on Youtube who comments "IT FUCKING NEEDS TO BE IN THE NEED FOR SPEED UND 3 RGROUND!!!" on every video :teeth:

I'm not sure if this is true, but I just heard that 'Feed For Speed' was inspired by the guy on Youtube who comments "IT FUCKING NEEDS TO BE IN THE NEED FOR SPEED UND 3 RGROUND!!!" on every video :teeth:

You sir are correct. Btw Billain told me that one or two of his tunes might be there (and this one's one of those) :D

The whole ep is sounding very Billian and that is a good thing!

As was said before, he has developed a different interpretation of drum and bass which is refreshing and leaves people eager to hear what he produces next.

Can't wait to get a copy and thrash the hell out of Feed For Speed!

Back
Top Bottom