Bigwog Studio 2 vs ????

well... FL has disappointed the shit out of me in their demo mode. i've got 4 drum samples loaded up, and 1 instance of serum, and FLs CPU meter is running between 60 and 70%. watching the task manager's CPU monitor and i'm running closer to 27%. Buffers set to max [48ms delay..], updated audio drivers, tried both ASIO output settings, maxed out my buffer, and got 10% of that CPU back. made all of FLs recommended changes to my computer to get rid of the polar bear saving features [high performance mode], made sure my graphics processor was dealing with all the visual content [instead of the integrated card] Made sure i had 64 bit serum booted, didn't change anything.. lets see what reason can get done tomorrow.. but looks like Reason might be winning by default here.

sigh.

thoughts anyone? anyone else got FL pulling shit like this on them?

My old ass mac computer could handle 10 instances of Serum with loads of FX booted on each channel... there is no way that this new computer is actually maxing out at one instance of serum and 4 drum samples with no fx [or even bus sending] being done.. as the task manager CPU meter shows..

what about reason 10?
has vst support now and they work really well
Reason is sick!! Ive been demoing it for the past three days and im absolutely loving it! Love the control you have over routing, the whole concept of the rack, and the mixer setup.

Started on Reason, then used Ableton for a few years. Now using Cubase and loving it. Didn't notice anything wrong with the Ableton sound.

Reason is sick!! Ive been demoing it for the past three days and im absolutely loving it! Love the control you have over routing, the whole concept of the rack, and the mixer setup.
Reason 4 was the daw i first started playing with. The layout is sick and I really enjoyed working on the included instruments tho you've got rack and vst support now. I wish they would release Redrum as a plugin :cool:

well... FL has disappointed the shit out of me in their demo mode. i've got 4 drum samples loaded up, and 1 instance of serum, and FLs CPU meter is running between 60 and 70%. watching the task manager's CPU monitor and i'm running closer to 27%. Buffers set to max [48ms delay..], updated audio drivers, tried both ASIO output settings, maxed out my buffer, and got 10% of that CPU back. made all of FLs recommended changes to my computer to get rid of the polar bear saving features [high performance mode], made sure my graphics processor was dealing with all the visual content [instead of the integrated card] Made sure i had 64 bit serum booted, didn't change anything.. lets see what reason can get done tomorrow.. but looks like Reason might be winning by default here.

sigh.

thoughts anyone? anyone else got FL pulling shit like this on them?

My old ass mac computer could handle 10 instances of Serum with loads of FX booted on each channel... there is no way that this new computer is actually maxing out at one instance of serum and 4 drum samples with no fx [or even bus sending] being done.. as the task manager CPU meter shows..

Are you getting any underrunning issues at all with this set-up? As far as I'm aware the CPU meter is metered in respect to the portion of the processor FL has access to, so there will always be a discrepancy between the reading in FL and system, but the difference in the readings you're quoting definitely seems a little high; have you tried seeing how much load the program can take (with the usual 10ms delay on the buffers) and checked this against the system CPU usage? Maybe try push it to underrun and see what you're looking at from there?

Back
Top Bottom