BIG UP THE MAMPI SWIFT

Eks-fan

Theres been a lot of debate been said about DJs and who is the best.

Andy C, Friction etc get huge amounts of praise and rightly so, but Swift, for me, is the shit. No-one better for double beats and dark tunes. Respect.

Write down some views people.

Theres been a lot of debate been said about DJs and who is the best.

Andy C, Friction etc get huge amounts of praise and rightly so, but Swift, for me, is the shit. No-one better for double beats and dark tunes. Respect.

Write down some views people.

Personally over the fast few years I feel that swift has been declining he seems to try to juggle to much chopping out lyrics of tunes and just trying to smash it too hard .... whereas Andy C is always good although his sets are a little bit samey ... at the moment im feeling Friction, he's is sick at the moment, wicked selection and varied mixing, and his mixing is absolutley spot on.

Swift is still big. but i do agree with what cosh sez. He has gone down the hill a bit. ie. he is clanging it about a bit. But he still gets maximum respect from me. IMO he still does some quite good cuts and using the effects flex on the mixer. I just hope he gets back on to his form again. Best 06 set from swift was the breakin science 4th bday rinse out. If you havnt heard this set then i suggest you either go buy it or d/l it

Swift usually has a pretty high energy set but its not as smooth as Andy C or Friction... Andy C always kills it.. I agree there is a lot of mixes out there that are very similar... Friction is def. one of my favs.. All three on my top 10

Some of the best mixing I've ever seen/heard has been from Mampi, he's definatley gotta dif style of mixing from Andy C and Friction.

definately mate, majority of djs, especially andy, lays down some quality smooth beats whereas mampis got that little dark side to his tracks, king of the decks!

Swift sent me one of his double pack EPs in the mail for free. I can't hate him no matter what he does.

Swifts a brilliant dj his sets av got so much energy always gets the crowd movin!

Look out for the "Second Strike" rmx (aka "Second Coming") should be bigglesworth.
And "Second Strike" is getting some repress action for those who didnt get it first time round.

That bassline from second strike is heavy shit--blew one of my subs a while back when I dropped it. I'll keep an ear out for the rmx--haven't heard it yet.

you know if mampi's on your gonna dance your arse off
brilliant dj but i gotto say its andyc for me . is it true that friction can mix using both pitch controls at the same time to correct his mix . if so thats fucking awsome

brilliant dj but i gotto say its andyc for me . is it true that friction can mix using both pitch controls at the same time to correct his mix . if so thats fucking awsome

Friction's a fucking machine but don't know about doing that, you'd generally just leave one pitch alone and play with the other.
On the other hand he does 3 deck sets, so maybe someone has seen him adjust the pitch on 2 incoming mixes at the same time?

oh yeah standard theres no way i could adjust 2 pitch's at the same time when i mix. but i wouldnt be suprised if he could . but when i comes to versatility of mixing different style of music in one set the panacea is the don. the next time his at therapy sessions im there. i got a mix from when he played at rio porto (i think thats right) it was a mixture techy dnb techno and breakcore the guys fucking :weirdo:

I expect this may be true. Whenever I swap basslines in a mix I always switch to the tune with the bass cut, in my headphones. I have had circumstances where I have swapped quickly between basslines at end of bar or whatever and within 10-15 or so seconds have made pitch correction on both decks. So I expect Friction, may do the same if he only has one tune playin in the headphones at a time, but who knows??

Also done this to return to desired pitch level, if I reach a tune I know what I ussually pitch it at and it's higher or lower I can bring both pitch's down or increase both pitches so it's back at what I ussually like to play at.

Last edited:
I expect this may be true. Whenever I swap basslines in a mix I always switch to the tune with the bass cut, in my headphones. I have had circumstances where I have swapped quickly between basslines at end of bar or whatever and within 10-15 or so seconds have made pitch correction on both decks. So I expect Friction, may do the same if he only has one tune playin in the headphones at a time, but who knows??

now you put it this way I know what you mean, and everyone should do it.
If you are rinsing a long mix, always bend the pitch that is the least in volume, so its less noticeable. If this means you switch your headphone monitor back and forth once or twice, do so.
So, you might start bending one pitch as that tune comes in, but as it becomes the prevalent sound in the mix, switch to the other deck pitch

Back
Top Bottom