big 'soundscape', atmospheric, downtempo, 90bpm stuff

Oria

I picked this up on vinyl few weeks back - love it to break things down - so any suggestions on similar stuff ? what do you 'class' this stuff as ? half time DnB? instrumental hip-hop ? dub ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ez Oria,
Been getting really into this sort of dnb recently too. I would call it 'downbeat drumstep' as apposed to 'jump-up drumstep'..... eg:- Taxman - Look What You've Done & Hazard - Wicked So.
I also picked up the Ramadanman remix of Tense. Other stuff in my stack that sort of style:-

ST Files - Crackden
Jubei & Phobia - Guillotine (Breakage rmx)
Pearson Sound (Ramadanman) - Down With You / Higher
Instra:mental - End Credits
Instra:mental - Sepia Tones EP
Black Pocket - Ur A Sta (dBridge rmx)
Alix Perez - 1984 / Suffer In Silence
Synkro - Departure
Helios - First Dream Called Ocean (Stray rmx)
Sabre - Marvel
Consequence - Dreadtone
Consequence - Pseudo Echo
Consequence - Live For Never LP............. most tunes on here............ From A Distance, Reflex Reactions, A Man And A Woman & 11 Circles - stand out for me
ASC - Phobos / Matter Of Time
ASC - Porcelain
Abstract Elements - Wrong Way / Abysmal Depth
System - The Voices
Code 3 - Living Proof / Response Call
dBridge - Love Hotel / The Dim Light
Mode - Stats / Riley
Mode - Warning
Dan HabarNam - One
Data - Tapeworn
Data - Torn
Oak - Chizra
Bop - Space Abyss
Rockwell - Tribes
Calibre - Steptoe

Also, getting this - this week
Vaccine - Ochre / Cascade Failure

Check out the new scuba album on hot flush. Mount kimbie 'crooks & lovers' album. Also flying lotus' new album. All 3 heavy weight material ;)

No worries. Good shout on Flying Lotus - Nick. Not checked them out before.
I was tempted to get Scuba's Triangulation LP, but only liked a couple of the drumstep tunes on there - Before & So You Think Youre Special

Few others :-

dBridge, Instramental & Skream - Arcacia Avenue
Breakage - Clarendon / The Shroud
Mr Sizef & Unquote - Hours Have No Reverse Motion
Raiden - Danzon

Ez Oria,
Been getting really into this sort of dnb recently too. I would call it 'downbeat drumstep' as apposed to 'jump-up drumstep'..... eg:- Taxman - Look What You've Done & Hazard - Wicked So.
I also picked up the Ramadanman remix of Tense. Other stuff in my stack that sort of style:-

Wtf is drumstep who invented that? Half-Stepish tracks have been hear for ages:

Really don't know when half step changed to drumstep. Don't know where you get that with the 90bpm too. most if not all of those tracks been produced in the 170-180 bpm range. (Maybe Ur A Sta remix not)

half a dozen and six. you could say 90bpm 'full' step is 180bpm 'half' step ... basically i'm looking for something which feels half the speed ! not too worried about the buzzword

yea the raiden stuff thats coming out over the next little bit is so amazing.

There are a few old polar tunes as well, go back to go forward ;)

Omni Trio?

Back
Top Bottom