BIG new Chase & Status tune

I guess you couldn't smell my rancid SARCASM :pat:

You guess wrong. My post was just a continuation of yours.

You sound surprised, you forget DnB shares a common ancestor with happy hardcore, the gay uncle that gave DnB a buttplug for its 15th birthday and then was disowned by the family, sad times

ah..really..so..what in the world has this tune here to do with happy hardcore - A. And B. you may be surprised but there are actually people that enjoyed both styles after the split.

ah..really..so..what in the world has this tune here to do with happy hardcore - A. And B. you may be surprised but there are actually people that enjoyed both styles after the split.

his point was that youre saying we cant call house music gay because its the roots of our beloved DnB, however happy hardcore is also "part of the roots" and is gay as fuck so your point is invalid

his point was that youre saying we cant call house music gay because its the roots of our beloved DnB, however happy hardcore is also "part of the roots" and is gay as fuck so your point is invalid

ye pretty much. not saying 'gay' is bad either, just that from c+s you expect darker, deeper, heavier productions or in your face dancefloor bangers

Read plz. The other guy said he stopped listening to house music for a reason which was totally invalid regarding this tune..what has house music to do with it? Yes, nothing. That´s why I said "House?"

This tune shows resemblance to hardcore and jungle from 92 onwards. If a guy calls that music gay, it´s not really worth more than a facepalm.

I don´t know why the fuck he´s been talking about happy hardcore. This tune is nothing like that.

I´m not even going off about how the use of the word gay is dumb here.

So..next time, just read shit properly. Especially when you want to use the word invalid.

Read plz. The other guy said he stopped listening to house music for a reason which was totally invalid regarding this tune..what has house music to do with it? Yes, nothing. That´s why I said "House?"

This tune shows resemblance to hardcore and jungle from 92 onwards. If a guy calls that music gay, it´s not really worth more than a facepalm.

I don´t know why the fuck he´s been talking about happy hardcore. This tune is nothing like that.

I´m not even going off about how the use of the word gay is dumb here.

So..next time, just read shit properly. Especially when you want to use the word invalid.

Where do you think happy hardcore stemmed from..? Hence the gay uncle common ancestor metaphor

Either way, you should calm down a bit, I think it was pretty obvious my comment was tongue-in-cheek

Each to their own but the last two comments made me laugh.

House music?

Gay?

So it has come to this now..the roots of drum n bass are..gay.

It's pretty obviously not a house song, but if you go back to a lot of early-mid ninties house tunes and check out the vocal and synth samples they will sound very similiar to ones on this track. I know because there are a couple hundred in my basement I haven't touched in years, and maybe another hundred I lent out to friends and never cared to ask for them back.

I agree that this part of the thread should die. With that said, I will briefly continue it.
The other guy said he stopped listening to house music for a reason which was totally invalid regarding this tune..what has house music to do with it? Yes, nothing. That´s why I said "House?"

This tune shows resemblance to hardcore and jungle from 92 onwards. Especially when you want to use the word invalid.

First, I didn't intend my remark about the backbone of the track being associated with house as meaning it is house. I have a backbone, but I am not a backbone. Second, The backbone of the track IMO are the types of vocal and synth samples on this track which are reminiscent of early-mid ninties vocal house. Just because the samples resemble each other IMHO doesn't mean they come from a common ancestor (although surely house music is an ancestor in there somewhere; everyone has their own version of the evolution of such-and-such musical genre). At the risk of mixing metaphors, bats and birds both fly, but don't have a common ancestor. Still, a bat which mutated to have feathers would elicit interesting comparisons with birds even though the mutated bat still has no common ancestor with birds. I might hate feathers, and in that case I would dislike both birds and feather-mutated-bats. In other words, my point has little or nothing to do with a history lesson. It only has to do with what I find are contiguous sampling themes. So then, the only real disagreement seems to be with whether there are contiguities between the samples used in vocal house and this track. No trolling intended, and I'm happy if you appreciate the tune. With that said, I will offer to send you my collection of vocal house records so long as you pay for postage. As a side, having taught formal logic at University it hurts my ears to hear one incorrectly correct the usage of the term "invalid".

Nice tune. Hopefully in combination with some dubstep and D&B tunes will make an interesting album.
It would be great if they sneaked in some '93/'94 style hardcore tunes in as well

Brand new machine totally different sounds to last one! Def some tracks reminiscent of the 90s. Love it though. What do you guys make of the new album? :fag:

Back
Top Bottom