Big Brother Apreshh!

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
My ageing older brother turned up boxing day with his old vinyls. He is nearing 40 know and used to be into his electronic dance back around 92.

Anyways brang a big box full of these tunes, as on a prior discussion I said I could put him a mix together out of it.... Didnt think too much of it til he turn up with the records... First thing I look at:

Metalheads - Terminator

Never knew he was such a dapper back into the day, and this is the first record I looked at. Good times :teeth:

spiderfran286

"Yes, squid pro roe..."
VIP Junglist
my big bruvva is a 88-92 raver too.

he still acts like a 16 year old.

smokes weed, does pills, coke etc.

he's cool. apart from he supports QPR....

My Bro got me into Drum n Bass. Used to wake up to sets from the 90s when i was a youngster at school and hated it. But then after so many months of listening to some of it every morning, i decided to start borrowing some of his tape packs. Then thats where my love of it came from

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I got bought up by a black man in a very middle class area of Reading. I used to listen to Funkadelic, Curtis Mayfield and Gil Scott Heron at school, whilst everyone else argued who was better Oasis or Blur. Fucking philistines didnt have a clue about anything. I actually would have shot the school up if I'd known about these things on the internet.

Mr G

Old Cunt From 19 Longtime
VIP Junglist
My ageing older brother turned up boxing day with his old vinyls. He is nearing 40 know and used to be into his electronic dance back around 92.

Anyways brang a big box full of these tunes, as on a prior discussion I said I could put him a mix together out of it.... Didnt think too much of it til he turn up with the records... First thing I look at:

Metalheads - Terminator

Never knew he was such a dapper back into the day, and this is the first record I looked at. Good times :teeth:
Loads of tracks like this, think i got me a small fortune here!

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/17813419?ev=bp_titl

Think I better be careful with these.. most of them look in near mint condition.
your a jammy bastard cosh.

has he got

krome and time - the slammer

BIG TUNE.
Got all these on vinyl too mate :)........and i'm laughing at the ''electronic dance from '92'' comment....it was called 'Hardcore' to me, the media called it 'Rave music' at the time.

Then it got darker in 93 and then it split in two, to Jungle/Drum & Bass and Happy Hardcore....and the rest is history!

You are a lucky lucky man Coshh if he's letting you keep them.

Last edited:

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
Got all these on vinyl too mate :)........and i'm laughing at the ''electronic dance from '92'' comment....it was called 'Hardcore' to me, the media called it 'Rave music' at the time.

Then it got darker in 93 and then it split in two, to Jungle/Drum & Bass and Happy Hardcore....and the rest is history!

You are a lucky lucky man Coshh if he's letting you keep them.
I am indeed a lucky lucky man... as these are all know mine :teeth:

I think I need to elaborate on at my comment 'electronic music from 92' because I can see you obviously misunderstood what I meant by that...

I completly agree with you that all the tracks I mentioned are old skool hardcore or rave as you may of reffered too at the time, but I doubt that the german techno from 92 (which is truly awful believe me) would quite fit into that same bracket...

My brother was into electronic dance, as in the whole spectrum... for sure I have definatley discovered a few gems, but no doubt there is a shed load of utter crap in here too lol. I have only listened to about 30 records so far.