BIG BIG BIG News - Hospital records sign Netsky

this was discussed during mista-gate, they were keeping it hush for some reason but its out i guess. or everyone just missed it.

they need new blood for sure. (how old is london elektricity anyway??)

but its good for the fans too, cus it means that they'll be steady releases and albums on the way in the future too.

only a few labels seem capable of getting artist albums together...

To be fair, He's had great promotion on Liqweed and it would of only got better. The playaz camp always promote artists well imo.

See I don't think thats the case at all. IMO he has had bigger promotion on Hospital allready. If you think back to the demo podcasts Netsky was getting his stuff played on them TIME ago, and Coleman was raving bout him, Then 'Smile' gets put on that Hospital compilation after Goss played it on Hospital's drive by show.
Then he gets his latter tunes ie. 'Everyday' and 'Come back home' rinsed by High Contrast, and LE.
As far as Liqweed did for promotion, they didnt even get him to play at a playaz night?! Obiviously he had 2 releases and one with crystal clear, but other than Hype playing tomorrows another day in his essential mix, I cant think of another occasion where they threw himn into the spotlight. It was only by word of mouth I herd about him, and him doing his 'self promotional' mixes on his myspace page the really got me knowing who he was

I think nobody would argue that in terms of artist management hospital are well ahead of the majority of dnb labels.

i see shogun audio to do a similar thing in the last few years.

I dig some of Netsky's stuff, and think it fits hospital perfectly.. Real dancefloor uplifiting liquid... Only problem is it is actually starting to get a bit boring already.

Now Subwave is a different story I think, new ideas etc.

See I don't think thats the case at all. IMO he has had bigger promotion on Hospital allready. If you think back to the demo podcasts Netsky was getting his stuff played on them TIME ago, and Coleman was raving bout him, Then 'Smile' gets put on that Hospital compilation after Goss played it on Hospital's drive by show.
Then he gets his latter tunes ie. 'Everyday' and 'Come back home' rinsed by High Contrast, and LE.
As far as Liqweed did for promotion, they didnt even get him to play at a playaz night?! Obiviously he had 2 releases and one with crystal clear, but other than Hype playing tomorrows another day in his essential mix, I cant think of another occasion where they threw himn into the spotlight. It was only by word of mouth I herd about him, and him doing his 'self promotional' mixes on his myspace page the really got me knowing who he was

nah I first heard of Netsky when he released King of the Stars with Crystal Clear, afterall, if Liqweed hadnt signed him, Coleman wouldnt have known of him at all

They needed someone to replace mistabishi.

They're not replacing Mistabishi, why does everyone assume he's being replaced. Labels can sign whoever they want, it's not a one in, one out process. Mistabishi is still up on the artists page on the Hospital site, does noone even look at that?

He was never signed to Liqweed tho.. No one is going to go out there way to promote an artist if they havent signed to the label. I'd never heard of him till his releases on ganja. Can't say i pay to much attention to Hospital as i'm not a massive fan of what they have put out over the past year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom