Big Bay Beats WIP - Lucider - DnB

Lucider

EDIT: full version w/ chorus lyrics up on 11/24 - if you think you've heard all this track has to offer I recommend that you start at 4:00.

This is getting finalized but I would still like 1st, 2nd, 15th opinions on the EQs, mastering, balance etc.

Hi! I need help. I need to have this done by 11/25 and I've also recruited an MC to redo the vocals (which are not present in this WIP). Basically we're having some parties out here that are a rebuttal against the "mainstream" rave culture that promotes sex, drugs, fashion and other materialistic things - so this track will be a kind of Bay Area Underground anthem - so it needs to be huge, and soon, help me!
I've gone through lots of different kicks and snares, finally settled on these heavily distorted muthas. Balance of the reese to other synths? Overall balance of subbass, drums, synths!?!?

Thanks,
J.P.

Last edited:
No messing here! Straight in there, pretty heavy too man :) Rather like it. Looking foward to hearing it with the vocals, sounding good so far (y)

A friend of mine that makes gabber (so what does he know lol) thinks that the reese is confusing, like the modulations interfere with the clarity. I'm gonna re-do automations on the last half, especially after the second drop. And I'm thinking about using that first reese loop more in the track. Now I just need my kick and snare to sound like Kanza's hint hint...

And there will be either a 32 or 64 bar intro.

If you remember "The Resistance" by Spor that's sorta the sound I'm going for - along with his Lifted anthems like "103 Degrees" and "Levitate".

This is the track I'm re-doing if you want to here the rap I did myself.:slick:

-J.P.

that breakdown kills it man, love it. The snare needs more 'cut' like high freq snap. the offbeat perc layer sounds too up front, and seperate from the rest of the drums.
The bass, perhaps a bit more bite in the higher mids and a bit of air. Does sound a touch un-defined atm.
PHAT breakdown tho!

Love it. You definitely succeed in creating a big sound here. The thick heavy drums were a great choice and really drive the energy of this track along.

I feel like the reese is missing a bit of a mid level growl to it. You hear the treble spikes cut through really well but it seems to be missing some presence.

Love the ska/regga style breakdown. Dancefloors will love that.

Can't wait to hear it with the MC.

Great, will return with those changes ASAP. Really appreciate the feedback and glad you like the breakdown - the addition of the upbeat (er backbeat) organ sounds was a sorta nod to the oldschool, I hope it's well received.

- J.P.

J.P. this track is packing some serious HEAT!! I dig that reggae break. Maybe cut the percussion for a measure during a part of the reggae break so when it comes back in it just smashes the dancefloor to pieces? I'm really just nitpicking because this track is homicidal. Well done sir.

hectic tune man, to me sounds a little over compressed, also lead bline slightly too loud perhaps? nasty tho ;)

Hello, just uploaded the updated version so it appears at the top of the post and here:
This is the first half of the track; what you hear at the beginning is the beginning.
It'd be hard to compare but I think that drums are tightened up, little more EQ on the reese, hopefully you'll like it but please let me know anything I should do to make it better.

Thanks,
J.P.

full version w/ chorus lyrics up on 11/24 - if you think you've heard all this track has to offer I recommend that you start at 4:00.

This is getting finalized but I would still like 1st, 2nd, 15th opinions on the EQs, mastering, balance etc.

Back
Top Bottom