beyerdynamics dt250's any good?

After the recent headphone discussion (check for the thread) I bought Beyer DT770 PRO, and I'm pretty happy. Just over £130 I paid at studiospares.
Being the 250 ohm version they do need some driving, which I didn't realise until I got them home and they sounded really quiet. Luckily I have a headphone amp so it's all good.

I did read good things about the Dt 250 as well and they were both a similar price. I think Druu said he uses them so pm him perhaps.

Audio Technica M40fs something or other was really smooth and comfortable to wear. I got them as a gift years back, but i think it falls right down your budget. But they have this weird hinge above the can which is utterly useless and prone for breaking. Mine broke after a year of use from falling on the floor from my desk. The hinge broke and i ended up glueing them together every few months.

But I'd suggest to save your money and go just a step higher, maybe above 200 money, especially if you dont have proper monitors.

i do have monitors but i am pissing off my neighbours and landlord regularily. also got a baby on the way so they are a nessesary evil unfortunately.
cheers guys

But I'd suggest to save your money and go just a step higher, maybe above 200 money, especially if you dont have proper monitors.

Just out of curiosity, what phones would you have in mind with this suggestion?

Yup I have a set of dt250s, great as a production companion and very comfortable. Very good value for money too. A lot of the audiophile sites highly recommended them. I've made a few tracks with them, a tad bass heavy but I've found the sweet spot between them and my monitors. I haven't tried many others but will highly recommend them.

i have a pair of these, i have literally only used them a handful of times so i cant really comment on the quality. i bought them cos i was going away for a year and thought they could be a monitor substitute. it just doesnt feel right to me making a track on headphones. would you be interested in buying them at a discount?

i have a pair of these, i have literally only used them a handful of times so i cant really comment on the quality. i bought them cos i was going away for a year and thought they could be a monitor substitute. it just doesnt feel right to me making a track on headphones. would you be interested in buying them at a discount?

whats ya price mate? might be interested if the price is is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom