Best & Worst promoters from over the years?????

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
From your experience, who have been the best promoters who think of EVERYTHING to make your night enjoyable and the worst that cut corners at every possible chance???

I think Helter Skelter back in the 90's was an excellent event who always took care of you with massive line ups, free fun fair and at the end of the night either free oranges or ice lollies. Not to mention decent production and the best flyers ever seen.

These days i know some people wont agree but i love a One Nation or Slammin event. They dont always run smooth but you're always certainly gonna get big production and line ups.

I've been to some shocking events over the last couple year tho but theres one venue i hate and it doesnt matter what promoter uses it, the events ive been to there are always shocking..... The Q Club in Birmingham. Terrible venue, shit sound n just shit. Chibuku in Liverpool is a shite promoter as well when dnb is concerned.... aint got a fuckin clue and the crowds dont understand what a skank out is.

Discuss.....

From your experience, who have been the best promoters who think of EVERYTHING to make your night enjoyable and the worst that cut corners at every possible chance???

I think Helter Skelter back in the 90's was an excellent event who always took care of you with massive line ups, free fun fair and at the end of the night either free oranges or ice lollies. Not to mention decent production and the best flyers ever seen.

These days i know some people wont agree but i love a One Nation or Slammin event. They dont always run smooth but you're always certainly gonna get big production and line ups.

I've been to some shocking events over the last couple year tho but theres one venue i hate and it doesnt matter what promoter uses it, the events ive been to there are always shocking..... The Q Club in Birmingham. Terrible venue, shit sound n just shit. Chibuku in Liverpool is a shite promoter as well when dnb is concerned.... aint got a fuckin clue and the crowds dont understand what a skank out is.

Discuss.....

Dont worry bro, it will be closed soon. Never been in, but walked past it alot, always seems to have some sort of sketchy night advertised, think someone got killed in there one time, fell off the tower or summit!!

Rich Reason & Al Sonar for running Hit n Run, I used to go to Hit n Run when it started out at Po Na Na and there were around 50 people turning up every week. Now they moved to HMV The Ritz apparently they're pulling crowds of 1000+ every week.

In America, moreso, the East Coast, we've got a handful of kids throwing little parties everywherez.

Between Steez Promo and Badass Raves, those are as big as you get over here. Probably NOTHING incomparison to what some of you lucky folks over in the UK got (most peeps here seem to be EU).

My friends and I promote under Baltimore City Ravers, but we're still up and coming.

Baltimore City has some SHIT venues. You think its a warehouse party, but nope, its a club. Promoters cramming kids in a narrow row-homeish venue whilst throwing them $5.00 water and exctasy.

Every once in a blue-moon we get something special I.E: Psychadelic Nightmare by Badass Raves. Twas excellent!

Steez and Ultraworld get together every year to bring Baltimore Starscape and I love it every year despite the dubstep.

Rich Reason & Al Sonar for running Hit n Run, I used to go to Hit n Run when it started out at Po Na Na and there were around 50 people turning up every week. Now they moved to HMV The Ritz apparently they're pulling crowds of 1000+ every week.

this, hit&run is probably one of the best manchester nights, comparable with soul:ution which says it all imo

and holy cow, they are doing this every monday ....

Slammin vinyl rarely get the speakers right. Tranzmissions and sancturarys were both unbearable, completely ruined it for us

Sound Restrictions!

Thats what killed the sound at these events. The matterly bowl sanc fests tho the systems were pumpin and the last one in derby the outdoor stage was pumpin. Westfest last weeked in one nation room the system was banging

In America, moreso, the East Coast, we've got a handful of kids throwing little parties everywherez.

Between Steez Promo and Badass Raves, those are as big as you get over here. Probably NOTHING incomparison to what some of you lucky folks over in the UK got (most peeps here seem to be EU).

My friends and I promote under Baltimore City Ravers, but we're still up and coming.

Baltimore City has some SHIT venues. You think its a warehouse party, but nope, its a club. Promoters cramming kids in a narrow row-homeish venue whilst throwing them $5.00 water and exctasy.

Every once in a blue-moon we get something special I.E: Psychadelic Nightmare by Badass Raves. Twas excellent!

Steez and Ultraworld get together every year to bring Baltimore Starscape and I love it every year despite the dubstep.

americans have such shit unimaginative names for raves n stuff don't they lol

no offence

Last edited:
this, hit&run is probably one of the best manchester nights, comparable with soul:ution which says it all imo

Yeah Soul:ution is a quality night as well, Metropolis also needs a mention they did some good nights back in the day before they only started doing WHP and Leeds for some reason.

APEs a little over-rated and the guy behind it seems to love himself a bit too much.

Also Bass Camp defo needs a mention as without them Manc probably wouldnt have half the dubstep nights it has now.

Steez almost exclusively aligns themselves to dubstep and house, while 3D have been bringing quite a few DnB guys this way(D Bridge, Total Science, Black Sun Empire to name a few) and in my book are much better. However the journey into DC on a Weds night is tough when most people have work bright and early.

I would rate Steez higher if they brought less dubstep in, or decided to bring better dubstep in (anything coming from deep medi)

Its unfortunate at something called a massive, of which some 30 odd djs are playing they bring anywhere from 1 - 3 dnb djs...

Sound Restrictions!

Thats what killed the sound at these events. The matterly bowl sanc fests tho the systems were pumpin and the last one in derby the outdoor stage was pumpin. Westfest last weeked in one nation room the system was banging

DAM RIGHT!!!! quality sound i thought!!!

World Dance at Lydd Airport, esp Remember Remember the 5th Novevmber with DJ Hype dropping to fireworks in the hangar with 6000 ravers

Back
Top Bottom