best way to take sample from movie clips

Generally, if i can find the video clip on youtube, and it has a HD option, its pure win.

I'll throw it in Youtubetomp3 by dvdvideosoft, and i'll get a nice little audio file, of pretty damn good quality, which doesnt require me searching through a whole video for a few words.

any one have a good program for mac that can do this? i have some samples from dvds i want to rip.

You can install a sound driver thing called soundflower. Then go into your System/Preferences/Sound and change the default sound output to soundflower. This sends all your sounds to it (like youtube vids, dvds, itunes, etc etc). In your music program (ableton., etc) instead of getting sound from the Input device, set it to get input from soundflower, and leave the output to the default output device as usual. So you just jump to the bit of the movie you wanna rip, press play, and go to your DAW and press record.

Easiest way to do this..

Get Sony Vegas (any edition)
Burn the film onto your computer, open it up in Sony Vegas...delete the video timeline ..cut out the audio sample you want and then render it in 320 MP3.

SIMPLE!

[Politrix];390959 said:
whats the best way to do this?!?

i got a sample i wanna take form shogun assasain real bad haha!!!

also how do i download clips from youtube and save them as files id be able to rip audio from?!?

cheers!

What are you running?
If you have a mac I recommend you look in getting a program called 'audio hijack' im not sure if its on pc as im running mac with logic pro 9, reason 5 & ableton live 8.
But with the demo you can put a dvd in your mac and record up to 10 minutes of audio from films, then use a different audio program like bias peak pro or audacity to cut out the parts that you want.
This method is the best way for cutting samples for any mac user, but like i said im not 100% sure if it is on pc, you'll have to have a look.

any one have a good program for mac that can do this? i have some samples from dvds i want to rip.

Audio Hijack pro 6

demo of this program you can record up to 10 minutes of clips then after the 10 minutes it puts white noise ontop of the sound... just close the app down and reopen it and start recording again. but you only need a minute or 2 depends how many samples you wanna take from the song!

zamzar.com will allow you to plug in a URL (like, you know, the addy for yer youtube video) and convert it to audio. then just drag it in to audacity or garageband or whatever your DAW to edit it down and work with it.

cheers.

x

Back
Top Bottom