Best way to proccess a BASSLINE.

You just answered your own question, you need to add those things to your bass. Filters / phasers / modulation / frequency splitting / automation / distortion / bitcrushing / EQ the mids,sub and hi ends seperately. Resample - reverse - add more shit - reverse again etc etc etc etc etc etc etc......

your tune sounds a bit pulp friction like, lots better than i thought it would be. nice one man keep at it. other than that, if you look on the top of the page there is a sticky with lots and lots of tips tricks tutorials and whatnot, the justin todd tuturial for warpy bass for instance, that thing changed my life

I find quite an interesting thing to do on bass is when you have a bassline,(presuming it's a midi bassline) duplicate it 3 or 4 times, take all the high out of one, mid one, low, ect, add different effects modulations, to each duplicate, and sequence the 3 or 4 of them, sometimes overlapping, I'm only experimenting with this myself at the moment, or if you have ableton which is what i'm on at the moment, you can duplicate your bassline, on the duplicates change the bass sound of each duplicate sound so you have the same "rhythm" but different sounds ,you could layer them or interchange them, and mess around like that, thats something that i'm trying out at the moment,,

it doesnt really mess with frequency if your duplicating, it can get a bit louder obviously adding the same sounds on top of each other,with the bass you can't pan it but if you were doing 3 duplicates, 3 of the same on 3 different channels, youd have to eq out in each one what you have in the others, eg one copy has only the frequencys below 100 hz, one has from 100 - 300, and ythe other 300-1k
if you overlap the frequencys it can get a bit muddy, I'm learning ableton atm, and with massive you can do some interesting stuff with duplicating basslines and changing the "sound "of each one, you have to do the same eqing stuff but also make sure the different sounds dont phaze or clash, you know using different types of waves, not using two sine waves and phazing them, I spent more time messing around with that than trying to make any tunes, interesting stuff

If I was gonna do this I'd probably use Send FX and EQ the FX themselves, or even better, bandpass them - keeps it nice and tidy and stops any inbalances between channels. I'd leave the bass frequencies to one channel whatever you do, because when it comes to mixing down, it's gonna be a right ballache.

nice one! cheers for the tips fellas, i heard alot about making 3 basses, 1 for the high freq, 1 for the mid, and one for the low do you have to do this with duplicated bass or does it not matter?

You just answered your own question, you need to add those things to your bass. Filters / phasers / modulation / frequency splitting / automation / distortion / bitcrushing / EQ the mids,sub and hi ends seperately. Resample - reverse - add more shit - reverse again etc etc etc etc etc etc etc......

meh... i dont resample (unless ive made a b-line that has a certain filter that makes it only work on one note, then i bounce and load into sample), i mainly use saturation/distortion/bit crush (sometimes all, sometimes one)

i prefer to get the best sound i can from teh synth, then use process to spice it up, others use process to get the filth... depends on style, seen (y)

how the hell do u resample bass in fl?

export one note (if i remember fl rght, you can play the sequencer loop or the track, set it to play the loop) then load this sample back into FL with whatever sampler you use (my memory of FL is basic)

note, this is using the method i described above...

Back
Top Bottom