Best way to mix?

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by aglioiolio, Sep 16, 2016.

1. aglioiolio

aglioiolio New Member

Hey guys...
    I'm listening dnb since 1997 and i never try to mix it.
    Since 1997 things have change alot.
    My question is whats the best way to mix today? Cdj? Turntables? Traktor kontrol?
    I just want to mix to myself.
    Ty for your advices

Kept real

2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Depends how anally retentive you are.

3. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I like to use 1 CDJ, 1 Turntable & one Channel of a Traktor Controller, just to keep myself ahead of the game...

4. Brex

Brex The house guy

If you're starting, and you got the money for it, vinyl and two turntables. Get proper foundations set in. If you can mix vinyl, when you jump to CDJs or a controller, it'll be a peace of piss. Buying vinyl is expensive. Storing vinyl is a pain in the ass. Vinyl is generally a pain in the ass. Tracks warp, they skip, they degrade. But something about it feels just so damn good. With vinyl, your track collection consists of quality, not quantity.

CDJs are easier, take up a lot less space, and MP3s are a darn sight cheaper than vinyl. Just remember, I will never call you a true dj if you can't mix vinyl. Filthy digital harlots.

Jwood27 and Dannyboy93 like this.
  5. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

There's not a "best way" to mix it, CDs and USBs are probably the most accessible means, vinyl is probably the most fun and authentic experience, but not as practical or affordable as CDs and USBs.

6. Samlovell

Samlovell Member

Lower Range pioneer CDJ's would be the best way, controllers are cheaper but are way too easy to mix on, and I personally just think you should learn beat matching by ear first rather than Just looking at traktor or serato software, A lot of controllers don't even have pitch/tempo adjust so!

7. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

I personally prefer to mix wild turkey and high grade Columbian, then I park 2 cars close together, and mix using the car stereo's, sound clash business, only way to do it IMO :teeth:

all seriousness I love vinyl and would say that is the most fun way to DJ but it is very expensive, a lot cheaper to go down the CDJ route

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

whatever way you choose take time to learn to use your ears and learn your tunes.

9. Chav Guevara

Chav Guevara New Member

Start with turntables, like someone else said. Learn to actually mix properly before you move to digital and end up letting the sync button do all the work for you

10. Dj Swindla

Dj Swindla New Member

I still love using my 1200's and vinyl... but it pays to learn everything one way or another because some parties i've gone to dont always have the equipment youre used to. Thats my opinion anyways....
    Peace