best way to get noticed (besides being shit 'ot)?

nafe1

sea turtles mate
VIP Junglist
i wanna mix dnb in brighton, just 1 club set an il be over the moon, ive sent mixes to people but i dont get responses from anyone, is it because there soooo many dnb dj's trying to do what i am or is it coz i is shit?
heres my new mix anyway...good enough???, this is my personal standard all the time at the mo

http://www.4shared.com/file/117431179/994191b4/Nafe_New_mix.html

Tracks:
Killa Hurt - Ohm
>>Spor - Aztec
>>Xample & Lomax - The Latter
>>Sensai - Grid 9
>>Taxman - Electric Blue
>>G Dub - Dr Strangelove
>>Phantasy, Shodan & Uk Apache - Gimmi da Gal (Drumsound and Bassline Smith Remix)
>>Ez Rollers - Ready For Love (Clipz Remix)
>>Cyantific - Little Green Men
>>Chase and Status - Judgement (informer)
>>Roni Size - Bite the Bullet
>>Dj Sly - Code of the Samurai
>>Chase and Status - Music Club
>>Lemon D - Get on Down (Dj Die Remix)
>>Clipz and Die - Fresh Evidence
>>Chase and Status - Take me Away
>>High Contrast - Everythings Different
>>Charlie Jones ft. Killa Hurt - Love Games
>>Unique - Delta
>>Xample - Get out Clause
>>Unique - Duplate Style(Modified Motion Remix)
>>Fresh - Tombraider

Last edited:
to produce

these days only a small minority of dj;s get noticed without producing something of some sort.

dude keep at it, keep recording, go the nights u wanna play at, speak to the promoters, cheese pople on the net and do it for the love not for the money or anythin like this cos u will never get any.

dude keep at it, keep recording, go the nights u wanna play at, speak to the promoters, cheese pople on the net and do it for the love not for the money or anythin like this cos u will never get any.

id never mix drum and bass for money, i just want the feeling that you get from having a load of nuttahs going fuckin nuts because of what your doing.

How many decks did you use to tease all those tunes? :D

Practice makes perfect is the best advice I could give. Also making connections with the right people in the scene goes a long way

Keep on it mate. Do you know anyone that runs a night?

I started by dj'in for a mate who did a small night, then it got bigger. Next thing you know i'm opening for Andy C (who complimented the mixing and crowd!!!) and playing in front of 2000 after Pendulum (who were balls by the way).

Then people after will ask you to play smaller nights, which is all good. Do that, then chat to people in record shops. At the end of the day if people like you and know who you are then you have a much better chance than sending in a mix.

Too many heads just throwing cd's about. Will need a decent mix to hand in but also a decent attituide. Keep it going though and it will happen.

Practice makes perfect is the best advice I could give. Also making connections with the right people in the scene goes a long way

2 decks fella, i think alot of the time (not just the dnb scene), it is who you know huh

Keep on it mate. Do you know anyone that runs a night?

I started by dj'in for a mate who did a small night, then it got bigger. Next thing you know i'm opening for Andy C (who complimented the mixing and crowd!!!) and playing in front of 2000 after Pendulum (who were balls by the way).

Then people after will ask you to play smaller nights, which is all good. Do that, then chat to people in record shops. At the end of the day if people like you and know who you are then you have a much better chance than sending in a mix.

Too many heads just throwing cd's about. Will need a decent mix to hand in but also a decent attituide. Keep it going though and it will happen.

thats an impressive story mate, damn good for you, thats abit of inspiraton for me so cheers, dont really know anyone to be honest, i need to get down to the clubs on the regular for a bit and stop spankin all my money on records. cheers for the advise dude!

one tune mixed with 74 teasers :clown:

Back
Top Bottom