best way of finding out if your tunes are loud enough?

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
for example, got a couple of tunes iv made within reason I want to drop out on the weekend, but I know they are going to be quieter than any mp3s that I could buy from shops due to them not being mastered and the mixdown not being the loudest, what's the best way of solving this problem without affecting the quality?

Also does anyone know any good places to get tunes mastered?

Ta ;)

word

it's not hard, just turn the gains up.might even sound better that way than squashing it to bits to get it on level with noisia or whatevs.

although, if the tune is VERY quiet, the gains might not be enough. In that case you can squeeze the track a few db (just a few mind you) up with L2 or a good limiter of your choice (mine's PSP Xenon) without anyone noticing. Then the gain range just might do it. If you use the limiter, make sure you don't press it more than -2 db if the output is at 0, starts to affect the sound. Depending on the mix and content of course, but try to keep it transparent.

But if you're serious, I got the best mastering ever from Stardelta Mastering. Didn't pay for it myself though so i have no idea about their rates.

Last edited:
This ^^

It is what gain controls are there for.

I cant stand all this loudness war bollocks, recent commercial-spec music is so horrible to listen to, feels like your ears are being kicked in.

just turn gain down on the louder tunes gain up on quieter tunes and turn master up

yeah right, guess I'll just have to work out on my mixer beforehand how much it needs to go up.
druu il send u a pm i am lookin to get tracks mastered in the near future :)

Back
Top Bottom