Best vinyls to learn to mix with.........??

OP? Whats that then??????
It was a fail but all sorted.

Cheers to those for advice tho, well on my way

http://www.youtube.com/user/ellaskins go back to the first vids he put on on, for basics of mixing, and the just search drum n bass in the search bar. hes realy good at explaining things, funny too! i lernt most of what i know from him!

Oh wow, wish I'd have found him a couple years back, not quite the most expert and all but he can most definitely show people the basics.

My 2 cents, and I know this might not be the right thing to say in a Drum n Bass forum, but I would start off with some house. Breaks, hip hop and drum n bass is all about the snare on 2 and 4, but the syncopated rhythms can throw beginners off. House has a nice steady 4 on the floor rhythm to get you started. Then once you are comfortable with matching those simpler beats, you can step it up to the more complex stuff.

It really comes down to being able to match the beats and ride them together for a while. House is also good in this respect because it does not change as quickly as drum & bass.

Just my opinion. Of course if you have a good feel for the drum n bass rhythms then just jump right in.

I got my first set up a few months back - a mate lent me some of his records, including a few Logistics EP's. (Crash Bang.., City Life, Spacejam). Found all of these particularly good to learn with due to the similar beats and melodies.
At first Chemical Records was very helpful too as they list the BPM of records.

lols guy puts so much time into DJing that he had to come on here to ask where to plug the headphones in lol

Back
Top Bottom