Best speakers for around the £200 range

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Hey guys, looking to start upgrading my set up, speakers will be the first thing on the list..... Budget around £200... KRK's im hearing a lot about. Must be active (ie no amp)

Yeah they're really solid monitors, the alesis ones.
Only "problem" is that they lack a bit of low end, but they're very clear outside of that.

I own a set of M1 Actives, just replaced them with Yamaha HS7's, if you can stretch your budget to £300 or so, the HS7's are a lot better of a buy, room correction, eq on the back, I find them a lot more responsive than my alesis and a hell of a lot more balanced, saying that tho the M1's are amazing and mine are battered.

I own a set of M1 Actives, just replaced them with Yamaha HS7's, if you can stretch your budget to £300 or so, the HS7's are a lot better of a buy, room correction, eq on the back, I find them a lot more responsive than my alesis and a hell of a lot more balanced, saying that tho the M1's are amazing and mine are battered.

lol, that's funny....my mate had the alesis and replaced them with yamaha HS8's....the HS8's are SOOOOOOO much better but quite a bit more expensive. they're also huge.

Have you thought about some headphones instead of monitors?
£200 isn't much for a pair of great monitors, but it'll get you some wicked headphones that'll give you a much better bass response

lol, that's funny....my mate had the alesis and replaced them with yamaha HS8's....the HS8's are SOOOOOOO much better but quite a bit more expensive. they're also huge.

still got the alesis in the shed as my mixing speakers and these as my main production monitors, end of the day they are monitors and are all designed to be flat, the lows on these 7's are the thing that makes it tho, nice and tight.

For dj'ing? If so, I'd go for a pair of hi fi speakers over monitors. You want the sound to be colored when dj'ing, not flat.

thanks guys,,,,, mainly for mixing tbh, production wise i dont have a very high work rate

Back
Top Bottom