Best solutions for cleaning vinyl.

Ian_x

Afternoon chaps, need to clean up a load of old vinyl to sell and found this on ebay.

http://tinyurl.com/3783do7

Looks pretty good but don't want to ruin anything so wondered what people thought or if anyone had found some good but relatively cheap alternatives please?

Thanks

it says right on that bottle its 99% rubbing alcohol...just go down the drug store you wana go that route...

depends what you want to clean off? finger prints etc.. or scratches and dust?

it says right on that bottle its 99% rubbing alcohol...just go down the drug store you wana go that route...

depends what you want to clean off? finger prints etc.. or scratches and dust?

Probably going to be more scratches & dust type stuff

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

I use bib groovespray m8

Whats that? Just had a google and couldn't find anything?

warm soapy water and a soft sponge always worked for me...as for the scratches good luck blad

sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone know if it matters what kind of sponge you use? wil ljust a normal one you'd buy from a supermarket to wash the dishes do?

luke warm soapy water and your fingers avoiding the label will clean them up nice , dry them off with a soft tea towel mate

Usually I'll just use alcohol and a soft brush, but I've tried the wood glue method twice with Elmer's Wood Glue. It works amazing well for getting up dust, but it seems when I have records that covered in filth, there are scratches as well. Be careful about splattering the glue near the label and also make sure you have a bit of paper or tab to lift the glue up. (The time the tab fell out was a massive headache getting the glue to lift off. Anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually I'll just use alcohol and a soft brush, but I've tried the wood glue method twice with Elmer's Wood Glue. It works amazing well for getting up dust, but it seems when I have records that covered in filth, there are scratches as well. Be careful about splattering the glue near the label and also make sure you have a bit of paper or tab to lift the glue up. (The time the tab fell out was a massive headache getting the glue to lift off. Anyway...

Was literally just talking about this method with a mate, and then saw this. Nice one for posting the video

Last edited by a moderator:
Was literally just talking about this method with a mate, and then saw this. Nice one for posting the video

It works (I was a bit worried my first attempt), but it is costly and takes almost 1 day/side.

i just brought a spray from chemical records and an anti static brush. still never used them though!!

Back
Top Bottom