BEST SOFTWARE TO USE FOR DOING MASH-UPS

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
when i say mash ups i mean maybe a 5min mix/mash-up of various tracks.......I need to put 12 tracks into a 5min mix on a cd for someone to use in a set.

Ive got reason 5 and cubase....If that is any good.

If you can get a copy of ableton live (i think there's a free 'lite' version?) then use that. Otherwise defs choose cubase over reason as being able to align the tunes with each other is pretty much essential. Btw i've never touched reason so that last sentence might sound odd and/or untrue.

If you can get a copy of ableton live (i think there's a free 'lite' version?) then use that. Otherwise defs choose cubase over reason as being able to align the tunes with each other is pretty much essential. Btw i've never touched reason so that last sentence might sound odd and/or untrue.

nice one.....so in cubase i can put them all together at the right tempo?.....im a reason user, only got cubase last month and not got to grips with it yet.

Yeh once they are all the right tempo, cut the start of the tune on exactly the first beat (if you don't accumlative errors will lead to stuff flamming/clanging), then use a real decent filter to switch between tunes. Its all about careful EQ automation of the highs and lows to make things sit right.

i started one - TOO LONG.. So I just did it on 4 decks ha! Be prepared for a shit load of ball ache, it takes a long time if you want it sound "real"!

on logic you can Latch things so to find out what type of automation curve you need, I set up the hipass filter to one of the knobs on my midi keyboard and mixed the tunes live so to speak. Then re-drew the automation curves neatly afterwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom