DnB Best Selling DNB Track?

Dynamicz

Hey guys, pretty random I know... But does anyone have an idea what the best selling drum and bass track of all time is?
What do you guys think? :)

Hmmm.. I think it's either General Levy- Incredible or DJ Marky & XRS- LK (But that's based on how much I've heard them out and about in the non-D&B world) so basically a guess haha!!

Has to be something that's been in the top 40 doesn't it? (that's just logical isn't it?)

I'd say it's Fresh / Sigma / *Insert other charted artist here

^ I don't think it's going to be anything recent.

These days, the number of sales you need to get to get into the Top 40 is quite low compared to what it was in, say, the nineties.

I know some of the big Jungle tunes back in the 94 / 95 did sales of between 10,000 and 20,000 - heard 20,000 units quoted for Dred Bass's "Dead Dread"

Considering how many represses Origin Unknowns "Valley Of The Shadows" has had, I'm presuming that is right up there.

If you can count albums, then any of the tracks from Timeless or New Forms are probably up there too :)

^ I don't think it's going to be anything recent.

These days, the number of sales you need to get to get into the Top 40 is quite low compared to what it was in, say, the nineties.

I know some of the big Jungle tunes back in the 94 / 95 did sales of between 10,000 and 20,000 - heard 20,000 units quoted for Dred Bass's "Dead Dread"

Considering how many represses Origin Unknowns "Valley Of The Shadows" has had, I'm presuming that is right up there.

If you can count albums, then any of the tracks from Timeless or New Forms are probably up there too :)

according to wiki Hot Right Now has been certified platinum (600K+ sales)

Haha, shows what I know !

lol. was actually thinking the same thing as you, about 90s tunes needing to shift a lot more to crack the top 40...

I hadn't thought to count for the fact you actually had sell more than 12 copies to chart back in the 90's. I was starting to think what it could be then saw the Hot Right Now stats and thought better of it.

I remember Doc saying the EP feat vault sold a good few thousand but nowhere Hot Right Now status.

The digital era probably made that figure easier as well. If Hot Right Now was a vinyl only release it wouldn't have sold 10% of that number.

Does streaming count in sales? Or otherwise are accounted for?

I would've said something like Incredible or Original Nuttah, but I guess Hot Right Now being a #1 hit clearly outsold the former two, especially if you count streaming

I assume we're talking vinyl here? I've always thought Shake Your Body was one of the biggest if not the biggest unit shifter, along with LK?

Does streaming count in sales? Or otherwise are accounted for?

I would've said something like Incredible or Original Nuttah, but I guess Hot Right Now being a #1 hit clearly outsold the former two, especially if you count streaming

I was about to say thankfully there's someone in here with some common sense but then I continued reading.

How would they have exact sale figures for those old type of tracks tell me that. It frustrates me people would even talk about hot right now when we are talking drum & bass.

It frustrates me people would even talk about hot right now when we are talking drum & bass.

Please remember that as a Drum & Bass fan you don't have to like EVERYTHING Drum & Bass. Same as every other genre out there. It might be frustrating but it is what it is.

Region Certification Certified units/Sales
Australia (ARIA)[43]
Platinum 70,000^
Belgium (BEA)[44] Gold 15,000*
Germany (BVMI)[45] Gold 200,000^
New Zealand (RMNZ)[46] Platinum 15,000*
United Kingdom (BPI)[47] Platinum 600,000
Double-dagger-14-plain.png

Streaming
Denmark (IFPI Denmark)[48]
Gold 1,300,000^

*sales figures based on certification alone
^shipments figures based on certification alone
Double-dagger-14-plain.png
sales+streaming figures based on certification alone

According to Wikipedia this is Sigma's nobody to love: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobody_to_Love

Not a favourite of mine by any stretch of the imagination, but this, Gold Dust and Hot Right Now are still being rinsed on a nightly basis by club DJ's. Let's not forget tracks such as Afterglow, End Credits e.t.c. All of these charted highly, but you're not going to catch many DJ's heavily ingrained within a scene playing them out, aside from the more mainstream artists. And jump up, but I think/hope that's done ironically.

Last edited:
I would say Original Nuttah. Released in 1995 so over the 21 years of its release I cant begin to tell you how many times i have heard it get play. This would absolutely make me put it in the category of best selling dnb track of all time. Its an iconic track and I've always seen it as a track that represents drum & bass/Jungle and lets not forget it was out at a time alot fewer tracks were being released.

Id imagine all of the people on here own Original Nuttah or have streamed it at some point but I wonder how many of you have done that with Hot Right Now

Back
Top Bottom