Best record shops??

You should never use hard to find.

Chemical records and redeye records
are the two online stores I use

chemical or red eye if ur gettin them on the net
htfr is crap, sometimes juno has good/old stuff thats not about anymore which is good

Blackmarket...

Yeah I know crazy huh? Actually go into an actual shop, speak to a person and pay them cash?

Whatever next?

Blackmarket...

Yeah I know crazy huh? Actually go into an actual shop, speak to a person and pay them cash?

Whatever next?

Ha Ha :lol: Too true. I use all the record shops around Soho. So:
Blackmarket
Sister Ray
Rough trade
Release the groove
And yes Zavvi and HMV.
There all quality and the poeple are so friendly and funny too.

Ha Ha :lol: Too true. I use all the record shops around Soho. So:
Blackmarket
Sister Ray
Rough trade
Release the groove
And yes Zavvi and HMV.
There all quality and the poeple are so friendly and funny too.

Yeah, it's all about Berwick Street innit - Sister Ray is particularly good, especially now that they've moved into the old Selectadisc building, that was the bomb back in the day.

I defy anyone on this site to spend an afternoon down Berwick street (and Blackmarket on D'Arblay) and not spend all the money they had intended to spend, and more, it rules down there...

Actually to be honest, now that everyone is buying records online small independent record shops are struggling to survive, so please - if you can, go visit one of the above mentioned (or your local) independent record shop and spend your money with them, get to know the people there, talk to them, they'll want to help you out so will start to get things in for you, save things for you etc, basically will help you get what you need in a way that a website won't.

I went to uni in Colchester, got good mates with the guys at the local independent record shop, next thing I just had to walk in and it'd be like "Greg! I've put these aside for you 'cos I knew you'd be into them" never missed a single tune in them days

Yeah, it's all about Berwick Street innit - Sister Ray is particularly good, especially now that they've moved into the old Selectadisc building, that was the bomb back in the day.

I defy anyone on this site to spend an afternoon down Berwick street (and Blackmarket on D'Arblay) and not spend all the money they had intended to spend, and more, it rules down there...

Actually to be honest, now that everyone is buying records online small independent record shops are struggling to survive, so please - if you can, go visit one of the above mentioned (or your local) independent record shop and spend your money with them, get to know the people there, talk to them, they'll want to help you out so will start to get things in for you, save things for you etc, basically will help you get what you need in a way that a website won't.

I went to uni in Colchester, got good mates with the guys at the local independent record shop, next thing I just had to walk in and it'd be like "Greg! I've put these aside for you 'cos I knew you'd be into them" never missed a single tune in them days

yeh nothing beats the good old record shoppin trip to soho....
I ususally spend hours in Blackmarket chattin shit to Ash-A-Tak... or Ray Keith.... always a good laugh.....
Convinced Ash to let me have a mix once... hahahaha. Played with him at a rave the night before and had a bit of banter about him being shit.... hahaha... so he challenged me and told me to get on the dex.... QUALITY! Bird was with me aswell at the time!! hahaha... she hated it.... NEVER TAKE YOUR MRS RECORD SHOPPING!!

rock steady....depends what ur misses is like...i love record shopping and can spend hours flippin through

:uberlaugh
Rounder records in brighton is a good shop got 2 many promos just sitting there
very friendly too

Rounders ok but you gotta be there on the day it comes out if its a big release, dance2 are easier persuaded to hold stuff I find...Infinite were best though imo :(

Back
Top Bottom