best production software for windows

Fire starter

VIP Junglist
This week i have been toying around in fruity loops with the sample pack for informer by run tingz.
i have never produced before but i have had a lot of fun trying do a remix of that track.
i made an amen break with help from a youtube video. and have been using that pattern with the other samples from the remix pack.

I am feeling really tempted to purchase fl. i havent tried any other software yet, whats the best software thats compatible windows ?

I suggest you don't buy FL.. It's good when you are beginner but then you want to move to better stuff..
If you should purchase.. buy Cubase.. It's the best imo..

I suggest you don't buy FL.. It's good when you are beginner but then you want to move to better stuff..

cheers for the info, my mate who studys music production at collage said the same. im gonna get on the free trial of it now and see whats what.

Reason - For learning in a versatile and beginners fashion
Cubase - To get down and dirty with the production fine tooth comb
FU

and

af4bd_ORIG-Oh_Look_This_thread_again.jpg

i dont think there is anything 'good' really, theyre all a fucking drag to be doing with, not userfriendly in the slightest, its pure math, not the jam you thought it would be at all. but get modplug tracker if you really want something quick and versatile.
or, alternatively, buy yourself an harmonica, work your way up to the grand piano.

This is a dumb rumour. FL is just as good as anything man:) Its all about skills, if ur good u can do anything with any DAW.

I started on FL when I started messing around with producing for jokes, tried cubase after a friend reccomended it to me and I stuck with it up until recently because I preffered the layout and my workflow was much better when using it, now I'm using the Mac and Logic combo.

It's been said a million times before and it will probably be said another million times but it's all about your personal preference, they essentially all do the same thing just in different ways and for those that say FL is for begginers tell that to Spor because last I heard he uses FL to create the majority of his tunes and he definately isn't a begginer.

Biggest load of bullshit I ever fucking heard!

It doesnt matter what DAW you use, it's your creativity and talent that makes the music. If you cant create anything good in FL, you aint gonna create anything good in any other DAW.

It's not the DAW that makes your music good.....it's you...

it is 'that thread' again, but i agree with the opinion that it's all about what you feel most comfortable working in.

there are very few limitations to any of the top DAWs these days.

i use Reason because i am most comfortable in it and the only thing i cant do in there is use VSTs, but i can
use Reaper (free) for that and bounce it straight out.

infact Reaper might be something you want to have a crack at to start with as it is free (sort of)

Hahahahaaa =D somhow thought id annoy someone, especially Neo lol
Nah its all trial and error,
Whats works for some wont necessarily work for you,
But as someone mentioned earlier just download the demos and try out a few youtube tutorials to compare your results ;)

Back
Top Bottom