Best producing program?

cubase cubase cubase cubase:2thumbs:

i think if your starting off and your new and asking this question then CUBASE defo! learnin a system takes time and prepare yourself for many ups but mostly downs, im not being negative just realistic :)))))

but theres many others production tools that are good as well LOGIC,FL,REASON,LIVE,PROTOOLS ect ect ect :)))) but think alot of people would say if your serious the cubase or logic ? I use reason ...

A good piece of advise is to learn your chosen production program inside out because thats the tools that will hold you back. GET HOLD OF A GOOD TUTORIAL VIDEO and spend abit of time watchin it studying it it will make a big difference save you years..

Last edited:
use the program where from you think it's the most fun to make your sounds with! so get a good look at each one and see what rocks your boat in the end.

spot on! couldnt have said it better!:slayer:

"jo btw m8 really like that choon on your myspace Guacamole feat splinter wicked!"

Last edited:
what reactor said is the absolute truth - find out with which one u can work most intuitive and with which one u can realize your ideas into tracks. if your know than how to use the program u can combine them with rewire what opens a bigger field of things u can use.

As what everyone said above, all i can add is try out a few samples of DAW's that u have in mind and maybe follow the one that you find most comfortable. I got myself into the state of mind that you had to use cubase to make good tunes. I'm back on fruity and having way more fun screwing around in it still failing to make good tunes, but having way more fun.

I got myself into the state of mind that you had to use cubase to make good tunes. I'm back on fruity and having way more fun screwing around in it still failing to make good tunes, but having way more fun.

Had the same experience last summer! Cubase is a great program, but just not my cup of tea for making music in the way I like to create it. And I think that the current fruity version is capable of making a good tune just as much as cubase or whatever. And if not, you can always rewire your tunage through the cubase engine anyway.

i would say cubase 4

but at the end of the day it is what you feel comfortable with i am using sx but will be upgrading to cube 4 soon and switching to mac very soon

Ezzzz, Could any of You people tell me what the best program is too use for making DnB, Liquid, jump up.

Do you use samples or make your own?

Bro listen.... dont listen to any of these other peeps when they are saying "cubase", "Ableton", "Reason" etc........ theres only three programs that are the best....

Logic Pro, Nuendo, Pro Tools

SIMPLE AS!!

no bother messin around with all the other shit!

Logic is best if your using a mac... as its only available for mac.... due to the Logic being specifically designed to use the mac at its best.

Nuendo is the best for PC..... its basicly a hugely better version of cubase!!

Pro Tools.... mainly for a studio set up..... has alot of hardware thats specifically desinged to be used with Pro Tools. I find its alot better if you recording live music.. ie.,.. bands etc.

END OF THREAD!! theres no need for speculation. hahahahaa

Bro listen.... dont listen to any of these other peeps when they are saying "cubase", "Ableton", "Reason" etc........ theres only three programs that are the best....

Logic Pro, Nuendo, Pro Tools

SIMPLE AS!!

no bother messin around with all the other shit!

Logic is best if your using a mac... as its only available for mac.... due to the Logic being specifically designed to use the mac at its best.

Nuendo is the best for PC..... its basicly a hugely better version of cubase!!

Pro Tools.... mainly for a studio set up..... has alot of hardware thats specifically desinged to be used with Pro Tools. I find its alot better if you recording live music.. ie.,.. bands etc.

END OF THREAD!! theres no need for speculation. hahahahaa

hehe even if TEEBEE said that m8 id still make up my own mind ... bigupz!!!!

but serious maybe you can help me understand this because ive asked alot of people why is apple so good? and most of them say because it dont crash! i thought it was the people that use the hardware that make it crash?

I do understand that APPLE have been constructed to be fully compatable with there hardware and software i.e logic pro 4

but whats the difference between using a pc that you have personally custom built to be compatable with its hardware and software- you dont have to use windows ?( or is there no such thing i dont know im asking ?)

doesnt apple use intel processors and surely the programmers on pc's are just as good or even better since there probably more of them and more demand for pcs?

is owning a apple just like buying ready made sallad from your super market?

i mean you dont need to chop it or wash it just stick it on your plate ready to eat, but still you pay alot more for it than what its worth!,

also this ipod apple thing!. I dont follow fashion im 37 hahaha :(

hehe even if TEEBEE said that m8 id still make up my own mind ... bigupz!!!!

this is true... but now we are verging on opinion...... the question asked was..... What the best program to produce Drum'n'Bass on...... i gave you the 3 best production programs full stop...... whether thats someone's or my opinion is another matter.... but the fact still remains... they are the best!!

but serious maybe you can help me understand this because ive asked alot of people why is apple so good? and most of them say because it dont crash! i thought it was the people that use the hardware that make it crash?

I do understand that APPLE have been constructed to be fully compatable with there hardware and software i.e logic pro 4

but whats the difference between using a pc that you have personally custom built to be compatable with its hardware and software- you dont have to use windows ?( or is there no such thing i dont know im asking ?)

doesnt apple use intel processors and surely the programmers on pc's are just as good or even better since there probably more of them and more demand for pcs?

is owning a apple just like buying ready made sallad from your super market?

i mean you dont need to chop it or wash it just stick it on your plate ready to eat, but still you pay alot more for it than what its worth!,

also this ipod apple thing!. I dont follow fashion im 37 hahaha :(

The thing is here..... the G5 is built to be used with programs like Logic Pro 7/8 (not 4 by the way)..... as well as Logic Pro 7 and 8 are both designed to be used on a mac.... specifically a G5..... so not only is one ingredient made for the other...... but both are made for each other....... this give seemless interaction.........

Building your PC so its works best with a program still isnt as good as it can be..... its like tryin to put a triangle shape into a round hole but sanding off the corners...??....... is not going to work quite so well........

So therefore Logic and Apple combination is in my opinion THE best production tool a artist can have.

Pro Tools have tried todo something similar with there hardware add ons that they make.... this makes interaction with the hardware much more smoother and more acurate than if you just got a bish bosh studio full of random bits of kit.

Cubase/Nuendo havent made anything like this to my knowledge.

The thing is here..... the G5 is built to be used with programs like Logic Pro 7/8 (not 4 by the way)..... as well as Logic Pro 7 and 8 are both designed to be used on a mac.... specifically a G5..... so not only is one ingredient made for the other...... but both are made for each other....... this give seemless interaction.........

Building your PC so its works best with a program still isnt as good as it can be..... its like tryin to put a triangle shape into a round hole but sanding off the corners...??....... is not going to work quite so well........

So therefore Logic and Apple combination is in my opinion THE best production tool a artist can have.

Pro Tools have tried todo something similar with there hardware add ons that they make.... this makes interaction with the hardware much more smoother and more acurate than if you just got a bish bosh studio full of random bits of kit.

Cubase/Nuendo havent made anything like this to my knowledge.

thanks for the advise BTW ill look into it.

but just out of curiousity have you used logic on a pc and a mac and have you noticed any difference in its operation that stand out and prove this point ive never used a mac so havent a clue??? im assumin that logic on a apple look pritty much the same as it does on a pc but i suppose its the performance that counts????

Last edited:
thanks for the advise BTW ill look into it.

but just out of curiousity have you used logic on a pc and a mac and have you noticed any difference in its operation that stand out and prove this point ive never used a mac so havent a clue??? im assumin that logic on a apple look pritty much the same as it does on a pc but i suppose its the performance that counts????

cant get logic on PC anymore..... its only made for Mac.... last one for PC was Logic 5... if my memory serves me right??

Back
Top Bottom